Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 12-06-2019, 07:12 AM   #1
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Default Pyramid Dungeon Collection

The greatest treasures
Are often ancient relics
As seen by new eyes
— Mentira Mensonge, Bard
Between 1993 and 2018, Pyramid magazine went through three different incarnations. A significant part of its content – everything up to 2004 – predated GURPS Fourth Edition. The majority of this – all the material from 1993 to 2007 – came before the GURPS Dungeon Fantasy series. Yet much of it was eminently suited to hack 'n' slash fantasy!

Pyramid Dungeon Collection reaches back into the past and immortalizes this material for today's gamers, but doesn't plop it down as originally written! All articles have been updated for compatibility with the Fourth Edition rules and the Dungeon Fantasy framework. And the original authors were given a chance to improve on their work, which in many cases led to not just revisions but also significant expansions. Thus, this isn't just an archive of old stuff, but a new Dungeon Fantasy supplement. With only minor conversion, it would also be useful with the Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game.

Note: Despite bearing a title that contains many of the same words, this is not the same thing as Pyramid: Dungeon Fantasy Collected, which is a collection of Pyramid articles that were expressly written for GURPS Fourth Edition and thus needed no updates or revisions. Both compilations are of value to GURPS Dungeon Fantasy and Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game gamers alike.

Store Link: http://www.warehouse23.com/products/SJG31-1008
Kromm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 10:49 AM   #2
Bruno

Default Re: Pyramid Dungeon Collection

Got it! Perfect timing, I'm sick so I'm going to spend the day in bed reading this :)

Will this probably be part of the POD program in the future? Just trying to figure out if I should be duct-taping together a cover for Lulu.com or if I can just wait for yall to release it yourselves.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 11:09 AM   #3
bert

Well my copy is an official POD as part of a kickstarter so that should not be impossible....
bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 12:06 PM   #4
Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert View Post
Well my copy is an official POD as part of a kickstarter so that should not be impossible....
I'll save my effort then :)
Old 12-06-2019, 12:59 PM   #5
Steven Marsh

In print . . . and sooner than you may think!

The Pyramid Dungeon Collection is available through Amazon as part of our On Demand program.

(We know there's a problem with the pricing of that volume on some of Amazon's international sites; we're trying to get it sorted out with them.)
Steven Marsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 02:29 PM   #6
Dalin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
Got it! Perfect timing, I'm sick so I'm going to spend the day in bed reading this :)
Sorry that you're sick, but this will be a perfect way to convalesce. This was a great read!
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 02:49 PM   #7
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalin View Post
Sorry that you're sick, but this will be a perfect way to convalesce. This was a great read!
Seconded on both the well wishes and the great read.
There is some great stuff in there. The treefolk were discussed in the GURPS forum I think after initial release. I added some of the riding animals to my fantasy campaign, Triceratops needed an update anyhow.
And Matt Riggsby just posted a link to his blog with a list of locations and adventures that can be dropped into the Wellspring article.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 05:52 AM   #8
Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Marsh View Post

The Pyramid Dungeon Collection is available through Amazon as part of our On Demand program.
Ka-Joink! Fast turn-around!
Old 12-09-2019, 01:48 PM   #9
Steven Marsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Marsh View Post

(We know there's a problem with the pricing of that volume on some of Amazon's international sites; we're trying to get it sorted out with them.)
As an update, the international prices for this item seem to be fixed. (Thanks, Amazon UK and Amazon Italy!)

If anyone encounters any issues with the pricing on this (or other On Demand items), please let us know!
Steven Marsh is offline   Reply With Quote