Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 07-16-2011, 01:47 AM   #41
Grey_Fox

Default Re: [IC] The Marching Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry O'Gane View Post
"Interesting riddle. And interesting conclusion. Well appropriated, Lord Godfrey, I see your point. The people of Simonton have been used to freedom and peace. If you look at the streets of Simontown Town, you'll see people from all over Caithness, also including Elves, Dwarves, Goblins and Halflings. And many other kin who are a rarity to be seen in a Caithneseer city.

"Here is what I propose. We wait a bit. We keep an eye on Astaron and Slenthan. See what they do. In case Astaron decides to attack, we defend. How much of an army can he have, anyway?

Slenthan won't attack us, at least not soon. He needs Cabble to help him, but Cabble cannot attack Simonton openly and directly. As you might've guessed, both sides need Simonton as their ally, Royalists and Rebels. Openly attacking us will provoke even bigger enmities.

Starting up a third faction is bad. Starting a revolution in a revolution simply does not sound good to me. In short: We need to inform ourselves of the situation around us. Simonton was not in the war when it started, so we need to pick up the info on what is actually going on. Once we have sufficient info, we're ready to plan our next move. But yes, regarding Astaron, I'd say we gather an army before he does, and do anything but lock ourselves in the Castle. We have better chances of beating him in an open battle."

"Agreed, we raise an army in preparation for the coming conflict with Astaron, and while doing so we gather as much information as we can so as to make an informed decision. Now let us lay this subject to rest and enjoy this meal....Walton would not want talk of war during his wake, there will be time for that tomorrow" Raises a fresh cup of mead "To Simonton, may its people live well for a thousand years!"
Grey_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 05:07 AM   #42
Epic Kobold

Grok raises his over-sized cup again "Ten-thousand!".
Old 07-16-2011, 08:01 AM   #43
Skullcrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Fox View Post
"Agreed, we raise an army in preparation for the coming conflict with Astaron, and while doing so we gather as much information as we can so as to make an informed decision. Now let us lay this subject to rest and enjoy this meal....Walton would not want talk of war during his wake, there will be time for that tomorrow" Raises a fresh cup of mead "To Simonton, may its people live well for a thousand years!"

"Ey! Godfry give me the funds and I will go out with my cohorts and raise whomever I can. As long as you are not picky with whom I employ."

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer

Last edited by Skullcrusher; 07-16-2011 at 08:20 PM.
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:23 AM   #44
Epic Kobold

Addressing each of the servants by name, Grok dismissed them.

Grok spoke calmly, letting his resonating voice drift over the table and every word sink into the listeners. He paused regularly to allow for depth

"The question remains; with whom do we wish to side?

The king...who is an idiot child?

The rebels...who are traitors and accuse thieves?

Or
"

At this point he takes a long pull of his mead, draining his cup, secretly gathering his courage, and refilling it as he speaks.

"Perhaps we could do a better job for ourselves."
Old 07-16-2011, 09:40 AM   #45
Lamech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic Kobold View Post
Addressing each of the servants by name, Grok dismissed them.

Grok spoke calmly, letting his resonating voice drift over the table and every word sink into the listeners. He paused regularly to allow for depth

"The question remains; with whom do we wish to side?

The king...who is an idiot child?

The rebels...who are traitors and accuse thieves?
"
]

"We could join the rebellion and hope to move people away from Cabble, or we could join the king and ensure settle for the fool. If we choose rebellion I recommend a loose alliance with Cabble; fight the loyalists, but don't swear total allegiance to Cabble?
Regardless I'm am going to join the voices that say we should eat now prepare to defend against Astaron tomorrow."

And with that Ezreal tears into the food before him.
Lamech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:49 AM   #46
Epic Kobold

"Very well, we will discuss further in the morrow. Until than we feast, and celebrate Walton's life."

He calls the servants back and they arrive carrying steaming trays of delectable dishes.

"This business reminds me of the time that Walton and I were walking through the countryside and came across a goat who's head was stuck in a fence..." he continues to tell a long and truly humerus tale that's most likely true with occasional embellishments to play up Walton.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:19 AM   #47
Harry O'Gane

(OOC: As I was rather busy today, I couldn't truly participate in all of the conversations here, but yes, we'll stop here for a moment. Expect "to be continued" tommorow. All in all, you've all been extraordinarily awesome when it comes to roleplaying and planning your conquest in general. Everyone receives 4 cheese pizzas, which can be consumed and turned into character points and spent on whatever you want.)

The day continues with everyone retelling tales of Lord Walton and a good life he led. The group of heroes goes into the new day, with new horizons ahead of them.

(OOC2: I'll probably post tommorow, I'm still at my own party, we had a BBQ today, and we're still feasting on leftovers :P All in all, IC will continue with tommorow morning, in Simonton Castle)
Harry O'Gane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 07:08 PM   #48
Harry O'Gane

Act 1: To Rule The Land II: Plan-> Realization

The feast in the honour of the late Lord was immensely interesting, full of stories and conquests of Walton. All of the heroes now have their official rooms in the castle. Some of them might've used it, some of them decided to keep their old shacks.

The next three days are peaceful. Nothing extraordinary happens, besides one thing. The day today is August 2nd, A.D. 2005.

(OOC: If you did something in those 3 days, let me know. As of August 1st, you receive the money equal to your "paycheck", so if you want to buy something, buy. Or sell. I'd reccomend them horses.)

The event that mayhaps disturb most of you and surprise, while on the other hand, it might feel as expected by some, is the following:

A scout on a white horse came to the Castle one day, brining news of Astaron setting up a camp in the village of Dallan to the north (on the map, it's a complex of badly painted houses above the castle representing Simonton. There's an orchard between the two.). The troops are consisted of a lot of humans, but there is a great number of orcish troops, meaning Astaron hired orc mercenaries to aid him.

The scout was not sure of the number, but he believes there's more than 200 of men for sure. This can mean only one thing: Astaron is going to march and try to attack Simonton Castle. In the midway is the orchard placed near Brul's Pointe, a landmark stone near which a lot of orchards have grown. If you sent your army at once, you might meet each other there, taking into consideration that Astaron would move the same moment you do. It takes about 10 miles to reach Brul's Pointe.

The place of meeting, where the session continues, is once again the great assembly. Fharin is also there, but this time in armour, armed with his two-handed sword.

(OOC: Regarding other info, you don't get anything special. No info on Slenthan is available, since he has probably just gotten home. Make note of the info in your intro PM 2. Not all of you had the same PM, the part after the introduction of the cast is individual for all of you.)
Harry O'Gane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 07:29 PM   #49
Epic Kobold

((Can Grok have contacted the Order of the old Stone at some point during the past three days knowing that the castle was particularly at risk for atack at this time?))

I'd like to request an intelligence analysis roll @ 12 please

Strategy @ 15 (3d6=8)
Old 07-16-2011, 07:40 PM   #50
Grey_Fox

Godfrey will give the command to assemble the troops and prepare to ride, as soon as he receives the message. Though he knows he has a much better chance of beating Astaron if he stays in the castle and defends, if asked he will let people know that his concern is that if Astaron simply decides to ravage the countryside first, the orcs burning and pillaging will cause too much damaged and needs to be stopped before it can start.

Meeting the others in the great hall.

"Its seems Astaron is determined to turn this grudge into a war after all, I have given the order, we ride once the troops are prepared, this will be a tough fight but I have beaten Orcs before and I will beat them again, regardless of who leads them!"
Grey_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
banestorm, caithess, civil war, mass combat, yrth