Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-10-2018, 11:29 AM   #1
woweed

Default In Nomine: Order Up!

Ok, so this is an In Nomine game...Without the system. I'm doing it knda freeform. There are rules. You start out the stats of Strength, Agility, Intelligence, Precision, Will, and Perception as usual. However, you have 18 points to start off with. Not much, under the idea i'm using. We're working on an out-of-five system, with 5 being exceptional, 1 being dismal, and 3 being average. So that's enough points to be average in everything. Note that, since this game is built for Celestials, we're talking their average. A below-average Celestial is just average by Human standards. As for Attunements...All Attunements are Restricted to Servitors of the Superior in question, and the right Choir, should the Attunement require it. It should be noted, the game takes place in January, 2013, with us using all living Superiors, including the now-freed Magog. It should be noted that i've changed a few things. For one thing, in this world, David is still a Cherub and Dominic is the Archangel of Justice, not Judgement. This leads to some changes. David is less brutal, and doesn't work with skinheads or militia groups. Also, Nybbas became a Prince in 1843, and has a somewhat more stable power base. Uriel began the Purity Crusade in 600 AD, and went into the Higher Heavens in 625, and Andrealphus and Baal Fell in 2000 BC, following the rise of Monotheism, instead of during The Rebellion. Either way, the only book you'll really need is the Core, although the Celestial Player's Guide and Game Master's Guide will also be useful. The game's setting is Washington DC, a major beachhead in the war, and one of the rare cities that is pretty much evenly divided between Heaven and Hell. Violence is discouraged. This is a town of politics. Your characters are workers at what appears to be a normal restaurant, but is actually a gathering place/fundraising center for individuals on Heaven's side of The War, including Angels, Renegade Demons, and Soldiers of God. You try and fix the problems you hear about. This game is quite Bright, and High-Contrast. Let's go!

Last edited by woweed; 03-15-2018 at 10:53 AM.
woweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 08:54 PM   #2
ladyarcana55

Default Re: In Nomine: Order Up!

I'm interested. Are there any rules for the characters?
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 09:14 PM   #3
woweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
I'm interested. Are there any rules for the characters?
Mostly, just that they have to be Angels, though Renegade Demons/Soldiers of God are also allowed, and that you can't have any Friend/Master Distinctions. You can be Word-bound, but that's approved on a case-by-base basis.
Old 03-12-2018, 12:11 AM   #4
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by woweed View Post
Mostly, just that they have to be Angels, though Renegade Demons/Soldiers of God are also allowed, and that you can't have any Friend/Master Distinctions. You can be Word-bound, but that's approved on a case-by-base basis.
That's fine. I'm not interested in a Word anyway. Are Distinctions allowed at all?

I'm thinking Mercurian or Ofanite but I am not sure who she would Serve yet. I'll look through the book and get back to you.
Old 03-12-2018, 04:34 AM   #5
woweed

Quote:
That's fine. I'm not interested in a Word anyway. Are Distinctions allowed at all?

I'm thinking Mercurian or Ofanite but I am not sure who she would Serve yet. I'll look through the book and get back to you.
Vassal Distinctions are allowed.
Old 03-14-2018, 11:10 AM   #6
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Vassal Distinctions are allowed.
I'm thinking of Ofanite of Trade.

What rules do we use to come up with stats?
Old 03-14-2018, 02:45 PM   #7
woweed

Quote:
I'm thinking of Ofanite of Trade.

What rules do we use to come up with stats?
You start out the stats of Strength, Agility, Intelligence, Precision, Will, and Perception as usual. However, you have 18 points to start off with. Not much, under the idea i'm using. We're working on an out-of-five system, with 5 being exceptional, 1 being dismal, and 3 being average. So that's enough points to be average in everything. Note that, since this game is built for Celestials, we're talking their average. A below-average Celestial is just average by Human standards. As for Attunements...All Attunements are Restricted to Servitors of the Superior in question, and the right Choir, should the Attunement require it.
Old 03-14-2018, 06:50 PM   #8
ladyarcana55

Quote:
You start out the stats of Strength, Agility, Intelligence, Precision, Will, and Perception as usual. However, you have 18 points to start off with. Not much, under the idea i'm using. We're working on an out-of-five system, with 5 being exceptional, 1 being dismal, and 3 being average. So that's enough points to be average in everything. Note that, since this game is built for Celestials, we're talking their average. A below-average Celestial is just average by Human standards. As for Attunements...All Attunements are Restricted to Servitors of the Superior in question, and the right Choir, should the Attunement require it.
So something like...

Strength - 2
Agility - 4
Intelligence - 3
Precision - 2
Will - 3
Perception - 4

Would this be correct?
Old 03-15-2018, 01:02 AM   #9
woweed

Quote:
So something like...

Strength - 2
Agility - 4
Intelligence - 3
Precision - 2
Will - 3
Perception - 4

Would this be correct?
Yes. That would mean you'd have below-average Strength and Precision, average Will and Perception, and above-average Perception and Agility. However, by human standards, you're at least average in everything. You need to have a one to be human below-average.
Old 03-15-2018, 10:12 AM   #10
ladyarcana55

So what now?

Tags
freeform, in nomine, roleplaying