Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Illuminati Headquarters > SJ Games Discussion

Old 08-02-2016, 02:26 PM   #871
dom1

Default Re: Report To The Stakeholders

This is excellent news, I can't wait to add the new Discworld sourcebook to my GURPS collection!

Forgive my ignorance but what's the score with international distribution? Will copies be shipped to outlets here in the UK for instance or is that purely down to individual retailers?

Thanks!
dom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 03:44 PM   #872
RogerBW

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom1 View Post
Forgive my ignorance but what's the score with international distribution? Will copies be shipped to outlets here in the UK for instance or is that purely down to individual retailers?
Esdevium still is the primary games distributor in the UK. SJGames will let them know when to expect the book, they will inform the shops, and the shops' owners will decide how many to order.

(Some of this has probably already happened.)
RogerBW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 02:46 AM   #873
dom1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Smith View Post
There are local retailers in the UK? The only ones I can find are in London or online. The concept of the local games store is dead in the UK, what's left does not count as local.
I'll grant you there aren't that many left but there are some left around the country. My 'local' store is the Gameskeeper in Oxford so I'm hoping they'll get it in....
dom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 03:12 AM   #874
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom1 View Post
I'll grant you there aren't that many left but there are some left around the country. My 'local' store is the Gameskeeper in Oxford so I'm hoping they'll get it in....
The best way for that to happen is to ask them. Pre-ordering at your local game store sends a powerful message to the store.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 04:27 PM   #875
Phil Masters

I could see branches of Forbidden Planet carrying copies of these two. If I get some hint of dates, I'll even see if my nearest branches would like to have a few copies of Discworld signed.

(And if "by the end of the year" means "by the start of December", I'll see what I can do about some promotional stuff at Dragonmeet.)
My Self-Publications: On Warehouse 23 and On DriveThruRPG.
Phil Masters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 05:58 PM   #876
Ronnke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Masters View Post
(And if "by the end of the year" means "by the start of December", I'll see what I can do about some promotional stuff at Dragonmeet.)
Speaking of promotional stuff. Does GURPS see any representation at the various cons SJG attends? In the Daily Illuminator, GURPS doesn't seem to get a mention in the con updates. It's only Munchkin and the latest flavour of dice game, etc. Which is fair enough as Munchkin is the product that keeps the light on at SJG. I'm just curious if GURPS is still promoted or has it fallen to mostly fan support?
Old 08-04-2016, 12:29 AM   #877
AOTA

I hope at least one of these is available for a con I plan on demoing at in November. Also I will be pre-ordering these from my local store.
Mib#3477
Formally Bobzilla
GURPS Checker for Prime Directive
AOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 06:22 PM   #878
lachimba

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTA View Post
I hope at least one of these is available for a con I plan on demoing at in November. Also I will be pre-ordering these from my local store.
Yeah. I'm planning to do my first demo con game with GURPS as a do anything I can to promote GURPS project.

So if I have nice glossy Discworld game to do it then that will probably be what I go with.
lachimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 06:28 AM   #879
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlbeaver View Post
Will you be doing pre-orders for them at any point?
Yes. Both titles are now available for pre-order:

http://www.sjgames.com/ill/archive/S...ing_Game_Today
Old 09-29-2016, 06:33 AM   #880
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adm View Post
I have seen several comments about successful Kickstarter projects leading to "stacks of Hardbacks" at various Conventions. Does anyone know how many of these projects actually make money by the time they are done?
It would all depend on how deep a discount the Kickstarter backers received when they backed the project. When we planned the Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game Kickstarter project -- https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...wered-by-gurps -- we were careful to balance costs and reward, seeking a middle ground where supporters, if stretch goals were unlocked, would receive a great deal _without_ turning the project into a financial nightmare.

We learned a lot from the Ogre Kickstarter project, tested a few things with Car Wars Arenas, and will learn more once the Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game project successfully closes.