Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-13-2018, 06:38 PM   #1
NightHawk

Default Rules for stasis

I am creating an adventure that will focus heavily on a space station where the crew and a few other surprises where left unattended Ed in stains or cytoplasms. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate the help

Rules are like guidlines and are viewed differently depending on which side you are standing on!
NightHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 06:41 PM   #2
Fred Brackin

Default Re: Rules for stasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightHawk View Post
I am creating an adventure that will focus heavily on a space station where the crew and a few other surprises where left unattended Ed in stains or cytoplasms. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate the help
I am not quite sure what you're looking for but Bio-tech seems likely.
Old 10-13-2018, 08:53 PM   #3
NightHawk

I am looking for something that would define or give rules around suspended animation or stasis pods on a starship for extended travel without aging etc

Rules are like guidlines and are viewed differently depending on which side you are standing on!
Old 10-13-2018, 09:35 PM   #4
weby

The long version of the rules are in Biotech with many versions in pages 144-147.

There are short partial versions in many places, like in ultra tech pages 193-194,198,200 and really short single type in space ships page 18.
Old 10-15-2018, 08:43 AM   #5
malloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightHawk View Post
I am looking for something that would define or give rules around suspended animation or stasis pods on a starship for extended travel without aging etc
It's also worth considering if you even need any rules. They're really only useful if some of the characters are in stasis and some are not. If the whole party is in stasis, there's nothing to play out while they are, and no real point in rules for it. A lot of stasis rules reduce to a boring "make a saving throw or die without anything interesting happening" option, and your game is rarely better for rules like that.
Old 10-16-2018, 11:58 PM   #6
NightHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by weby View Post
The long version of the rules are in Biotech with many versions in pages 144-147.

There are short partial versions in many places, like in ultra tech pages 193-194,198,200 and really short single type in space ships page 18.
This is exactly what I was looking for thank you.

Basically the party will be walking into an ancient space station that hold various sentient beings all of which are in stasis. They accidentally wake one up who claims to be one of the workers of the station that was placed in stasis during a solar event that put all life on the station at risk. He is only partially telling the truth. He was not part of the crew that is currently still in stasis!!! Lol