Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 01-16-2018, 02:58 PM   #1
Jeminai

Default Mirror Spell Question

In the Mirror spell in Magic pg 112 it does not specify how large the mirror being created is with the base cost though it does mention that an 8-hex mirror can be created to create a parabolic mirror capable of some impressive burning.

Can someone help me clarify how to determine the size of the mirror created with the base cost of casting?

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-16-2018, 03:08 PM   #2
JMason

Default Re: Mirror Spell Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeminai View Post
In the Mirror spell in Magic pg 112 it does not specify how large the mirror being created is with the base cost though it does mention that an 8-hex mirror can be created to create a parabolic mirror capable of some impressive burning.

Can someone help me clarify how to determine the size of the mirror created with the base cost of casting?

Thanks in advance.
1) Wrong forum?
2) DFRPG has the cost of mirror spelled out a bit more
3) Most GURPS spells (if not stated otherwise) assume SM 0, and should be scaled per the rules for larger targets.
Old 01-16-2018, 03:13 PM   #3
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

The version for Dungeon Fantasy is on Spells p. 47. An eight yard square mirror is SM 6 and would cost 2×6=12.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 04:23 PM   #4
Anthony

Note that the Mirror spell in DF doesn't mention the ability to create a parabolic mirror, and without that the mirror spell can't start fires. Unless setting cities on fire is a desirable feature of your setting, you probably should assume that the mirror spell creates a flat mirror.