Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 12-11-2018, 05:30 PM   #81
Cat

Default Re: Battlefields KS

Ooooh! Aaaah!

I had spotted that matching edge glitch in the illustrations shown in the Ogrezine KS, and was planning on adjusting my M1 with markers once my M3 arrives.

Last edited by Cat; 12-11-2018 at 05:48 PM.
Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 06:12 PM   #82
wolf90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_JB View Post
Oh, those will lead to hours of fun ...
That's the idea!

D.

(Plus, I want to feed offsides map habit . . .)

D.
Proud sponsor of Ogre KS $4.5k Sheet #3 - Bringing the Vatican Guard, a Tiger-striped mercenary unit, and of course pink GEVs, to a game near you! Orders may be placed here.
wolf90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 07:04 PM   #83
sparky00

M4 looks fiendish- a nightmare for armor.

Heavy woods with only a couple roads through - watcha wanna bet there's infantry & HWT's hiding in there?

All that water doesn't help either.

Can't wait to try it!
sparky00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 07:54 PM   #84
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf90 View Post
If only it were just his... *sigh*
Old 12-11-2018, 07:56 PM   #85
wolf90

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranitePenguin View Post
If only it were just his... *sigh*
Heh, heh, heh . . .

D.
Proud sponsor of Ogre KS $4.5k Sheet #3 - Bringing the Vatican Guard, a Tiger-striped mercenary unit, and of course pink GEVs, to a game near you! Orders may be placed here.
wolf90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 09:49 PM   #86
Belle Sorciere

Since I'm limited to two next month I'm hoping for M1 and M5. Also hoping to get the other three asap when/if they're otherwise available.
Belle Sorciere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 04:47 AM   #87
Bowser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabliser View Post
Just as well I check in here from time to time, with christmas coming up I might have missed battlefields...

Now what to pick?... 19 days to go... hmmm.... count them pennies...
I'm a bit late with this thought but I'll remind you anyway, Stabliser.

You might want to check in more often as early next year, SJGames will be reprinting some (or all, hint, hint!!) of the old 1980s Pocket Box games. Thiese will almost certainly include Ogre and G.E.V..

Not only that, but there is still the (as yet) unscheduled Kickstarter for the Ogre Mk. VI and Dopp. still coming up. Save your pennies.

I've done pretty well over the last year or so. I learned with the ODE Kickstarter in 2012. In the year or so ramping up to that Kickstarter, there was talk of something big with the (then) dormant Ogre line. I was caught a bit flat-footed in 2001-2002 with the going out of print situation and did not want to get caught that way again, so I started my "SJGames Fund" at home in a jar. When ODE quickly became simply HUGE, I was ready. I've kept up that philosophy ever since.

It has served me well with the Playmats, it served me well with The Fantasy Trip, it served me well with the various minis campaigns and it is serving me well with this Kickstarter. (But the "Fund" is now close to zero again. Sigh.)

SJGames was doing alright up to last summer -- you could check in from time to time and still catch everything. But the M1 Playmat came and went very quickly! Fortunately, it was made available again in August and also with the current Kickstarter. M2 and M3 hit with the Ogrezine II Kickstarter and also now. The Ogre Miniatures, 2nd Ed. Kickstarter lasted long enough, but it won't be offered in stores, so . . . Drew's updates help a lot for advance notification.

My point is: I check in almost every day (at least once a week) AND I try to build up a liquid supply of $$$ to feed my habit rather than relying on shoehorning this stuff into a stretched budget.

Be ready.

Bowser
Old 12-12-2018, 09:48 AM   #88
Belle Sorciere

Checking in every day works, as does signing up for newsletters, but not everyone can set aside cash to pay for things in the future. :(
Belle Sorciere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 11:15 AM   #89
offsides

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf90 View Post
Hey! I resemble that remark! Oh, wait... :)
Joshua Megerman, SJGames MIB #5273 - Ogre AI Testing Division
offsides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 08:16 PM   #90
Bowser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Sorciere View Post
Checking in every day works, as does signing up for newsletters, but not everyone can set aside cash to pay for things in the future. :(
I DO understand that. And I wouldn't be able to afford a lot of this stuff if I didn't "ration it out". But I realize that even that method is unavailable to a fair number of people. Priorities first, games after.

But for those who can use this method, I wanted to explain what has worked for me.

Apologies to those who may have been offended. I really didn't mean it to be a "let them eat cake" comment.

Bowser