Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2018, 12:15 PM   #1
larsdangly

Default Forced Retreats

I think Forced Retreats are one of the most interesting and potentially consequential details of combat in TFT; they are one of your only chances to directly manipulate the position of an opponent on the map, and can be used to achieve all sorts of effects: setting up a subsequent pole weapon charge, forcing a foe to charge your set pole weapon if he/she wants to re-engage, creating an opportunity to run away without spending a turn disengaging, and, most fun, forcing a foe into a hex that contains some direct or indirect threat.

I find it a little frustrating that you can force a retreat into a fire hex or pit (p.118) but not into a hex that contains another figure. These are two situations where it would clearly be physically possible to enter that hex, its just undesirable. If the thing you don't want to bump into is a flame you can be pushed; if it is another person you can't. Oh well; I guess that's how rules work.
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote