Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 06-13-2019, 06:44 PM   #111
andreww

Default Re: TFT Helper - beta test of app

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhrmanator View Post
  • When you clone a character and want to change its name, it's not possible to get a cursor in the editor. The entire name is selected and the only option is to Cut (edit menu) and type a new name. Not intuitive.
  • P77, I could not do a shield rush and I'm not sure why
I'm working through this list. Thank you for these details!

When you touch the name to edit it's the standard system field editor. All the text is selected, but if you touch it you should be able to get a cursor. I'll see if I can tell it not to select the whole name

Meanwhile, P77 is a branch in the cavern, near as I can tell. There is nothing to shield rush. What am I missing?

All the others are on my list...
andreww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 07:20 PM   #112
andreww

Okay, between the emails, the forum, and secret sources there are now forty four bugs. Some are going to take some time, but none seem serious. Some are easy, some need rules research, only a few are puzzling, and only a couple require new code. I'm optimistic about the next version! It will take a few days, however.

Keep your fingers crossed for the last few font/device issues. Not exciting, but crippling.

I've used several tools to look for misspellings and other typos and nothing seems to catch them all. So if you do see something, let me know. Email may be better for that, since no discussion is required.

Once up I'm going to throw the iOS version open to anyone, as with Android.

Any more issues let me know, in this thread or emailed to tfthelper@gmail.com

And I would love to see maps! Don't post spoilers, but go ahead and boast if you made it out.
Old 06-14-2019, 07:00 AM   #113
Fuhrmanator

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreww View Post
P77 is a branch in the cavern, near as I can tell. There is nothing to shield rush. What am I missing?
Giant spider. I was trying to keep the details hidden by referring to P77. That's why you put numbers, right? :-D
Fuhrmanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 04:45 PM   #114
andreww

Most excellent, that is the same bug as another bug, one I fixed last night.

The numbers don't line up precisely with encounters, but since I think they're coming out in the next version I'm not going to try to improve them. They were, indeed, only for beta reporting.
Old 06-25-2019, 08:41 AM   #115
andreww

Update:

First of all, thanks again for the feedback. Your descriptions of issues have been great, and some of you have clearly gone down some obscure alleys to find bugs. I have some final rules clarifications from Steve, and the path is clear!

Between the forums and the emails you all found 45 issues. Steve found a dozen. I found fifteen while working on those! (That includes some typos, new features, and new spells, it's not all combat crashes.) I've fixed 43. I'd hoped there would be a new version today, but it's going to be a few more days. The good news is that the nature of the bugs, for lack of a better description, is changing in a way that suggests we're almost there.

A couple days after the next version comes out I will let you know about a couple debugging tools hidden in the app. These are cheats that help you survive the adventure so you can test the further reaches. I'm surprised no one's found them. At least one of them is obvious. They'll make sure characters survive long enough to have a chance of escaping. Maybe.

So thanks, and look forward to the end of the week!
Old 06-25-2019, 05:43 PM   #116
andreww

BTW so no one is surprised, the current beta version has a sunset of June 30. After that it will not run. I should have a new version before then. Your characters and adventure progress *should* carry over to the new version.
Old 07-10-2019, 10:41 PM   #117
andreww

Nearly one hundred typos, bugs, minor improvements, and tweaks later, we may be done. Android users can download 0.9.5 now from https://build.phonegap.com/apps/3270...wnload/android - iOS TestFlight users will get a notification from Apple when they approve the new version in a couple days. I will make a public link available then, so anyone will be able to access the iOS beta.

I want to mention again that the feedback from you all has been excellent: specific, clear, and reflective of thoughtful testing.You have definitely made this a better app, and I hope it will bring a lot of new people to The Fantasy Trip!

Please send any new bug reports to:
tfthelper@gmail.com

If anything goes off the screen or formats improperly here’s what I need to know:
1) A screen shot is handy
2) What went wrong
3) Describe the circumstances if it’s not something that happens every time
4) Name of device
5) Go to About TFT Helper, scroll all the way down, you’ll see something like H:320 V:548 - those numbers would be very helpful.

A couple things will not be added to 1.0 - you cannot sit around in the dungeon and wait to recover fatigue; the colored combat dice (including the yellow 2) on some Android devices. These will be fixed in 1.1, which will include a couple other nice ideas I couldn’t let slow down 1.0.

You might be wondering if there are cheat codes in the beta version that might help you get a little further in the adventure. Yes, yes there are. Keep a sharp eye out. Email me at tfthelper@gmail if you want in on the secret, but if I tell you how to erase damage I would hope you use that knowledge to test the adventure exits, and not just to beat up bears in the arena.

If you make it through the sewers (without cheating) please go ahead and boast on this thread. I’d love to know what characters can make it through. Email me your maps! Have fun, hammer on this version hard, and let’s see if I’m finally done!

Thanks!
Old 07-11-2019, 04:54 PM   #118
andreww

Latest iOS version has been approved, you can download it from:

https://testflight.apple.com/join/uLdSRVvF

Thanks everyone!
Old 07-18-2019, 07:37 AM   #119
Shadekeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreww View Post
Latest iOS version has been approved, you can download it from:

https://testflight.apple.com/join/uLdSRVvF

Thanks everyone!
Is there a link for the Android version? I signed up for this many moons ago but gave up when I couldn't get the Android version to download. If there is one I'd be happy to do some last-minute testing.
Old 07-18-2019, 07:47 AM   #120
FrankB

https://build.phonegap.com/apps/3270672

Android Link
FrankB is offline   Reply With Quote