Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-22-2008, 08:46 PM   #1
b-dog

Default Dungeon Fantasy: Evil Overlord Powers

I was thinking of how to handle major Elder Things, Vampire Lords, Demon Princes ect. Instead of Fright Checks I was thinking of giving them powers instead. Some powers I had in mind were Panic ( like the spell ), Weaken Will ( like the spell but it would take a while to regain the will back ), Madness ( like the spell but it would take longer to wear off though ) , Mindlessness ( like spell ), Permanant Madness ( like spell ). These would be either affected by sight or by being close to the fiend. They wouldn't necessarily be magical.

The way I figure is that a DF character probably wouldn't need a Fright Check for a skeleton, vampire or other monster because they are used to these encounters. But fiends with these powers would cause mental harm to characters who see them.
b-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 08:54 PM   #2
LemmingLord

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy: Evil Overlord Powers

I like it.. Afflicting with fearfullness, delusions and so forth. But of course these are villains so you needn't stat it out. :)
Old 03-22-2008, 10:40 PM   #3
b-dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemmingLord
I like it.. Afflicting with fearfullness, delusions and so forth. But of course these are villains so you needn't stat it out. :)
I was trying to think of a way for GURPS to handle cosmic horrors and the like with Fright Checks , but I don't think that Dungeon Fantasy characters would be too scared of things just because they have tenticles or a hideous appearance. I figured they should get a supernatural power to achieve this ability. It should probably be an Affliction as you say. Anyway, I am glad you like it, thanks.
b-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 04:26 AM   #4
Lonewulf

Hm... can you put a side effect on Terror? ;)
She'll bring in a murderous prize
~Blind Guardian

My Writing.com
Lonewulf is offline   Reply With Quote