Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Illuminati Headquarters > SJ Games Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2007, 02:24 AM   #21
Lonewulf

Default Re: Is a 5th Edition coming soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambda
Well, it doesn't make sense in anything approaching a realistic game, but in a cinematic/epic fantasy sort of game, you generally want your legendary fighters to be able to kill dozens of enemies in seconds.

Now, me, I prefer somewhat grittier, more realistic combat if I'm going to be bothering with calculating damage, hit points, etc. If I want epic combat, I should just have some kind of "epic combat" aspect and just be able to say that I waste 30 mooks at once, unless I'm going up against someone else who's capable of epic combat.
I love Beowulf and Roland for that.

Roland kept on fighting EVEN THOUGH HIS BRAINS WERE SPILLING OUT! Epic as hell, and demonstrates the D&D ultra hit point system beautifully.

Beowulf kept on talking for a long time EVEN THOUGH his throat was bitten out by a dragon. Not to mention all the other crazy stuff he did in his past.

Ah, fun stories, fun stories.
She'll bring in a murderous prize
~Blind Guardian

My Writing.com