Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 08-01-2018, 02:24 PM   #1
afschell

Default Given the upcoming ...

demise of Pyramid (sob) are there any other venues being discussed to provide future, post KS, support for TFT:ITL?

Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love the game. This is _THE_ system that got me hooked on this hobby (I have all the original releases with the exception of the Codex). And I still believe that it has the cleanest magic system that I have ever experienced.

But, especially after the way DFRPG support more or less vanished after that KS (other than Pyramid articles), I am curious what ideas are being bounced around for future enhancements/adventures.

I understand that nothing is certain and that there is a lot of other "stuff" going on for anything definitive. But I also feel that I am not alone in wondering what the future _MAY_ hold.
afschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 02:28 PM   #2
Jim Kane
Banned

Default Re: Given the upcoming ...

We have the all-new www.TheFantasyTrip.game as a house-organ, information central, and promotion vehicle. Hopefully that stays active after KS.

JK

Last edited by Jim Kane; 08-01-2018 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Typo
Jim Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 02:50 PM   #3
afschell

Understood. But I am thinking more of adventures, either solitaire or moderated. If the rules go OGL then it's up to the overall community to provide content, which is fine.

But if it stays closed source, what are the options?
afschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 03:07 PM   #4
Jim Kane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by afschell View Post
Understood. But I am thinking more of adventures, either solitaire or moderated. If the rules go OGL then it's up to the overall community to provide content, which is fine.

But if it stays closed source, what are the options?
"Never Fear... McLimore is here!"

SJ, in his infinite wisdom, brought Guy (GrailQuest) McLimore onboard as our TFT Line-Editor. All the things you have addressed fall directly under his duties. Do a search for posts by Guy; that should bring you up to speed quickly on where he and Steve are likely taking us ... and "Where we are headed..."

Guy mentioned in another post that he is already looking at ideas from outside designers for additional TFT content, and I would *suspect*, he and Steve, will at some point in the future be sounding the call for outside submissions from any of us here on the forum who have something to pitch for TFT.

JK

Last edited by Jim Kane; 08-01-2018 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Typo
Jim Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 04:09 PM   #5
Ronald

Steve sort of put out the call for new adventures in this thread (post #3),

http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread...92#post2194492
Ronald is offline   Reply With Quote