Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V. > Ogre Video Game

Old 12-22-2017, 08:03 PM   #1
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Default Multiplayer enemy turn skipped?

I am in a multiplayer game and as far as I can tell the other player isn't doing anything on their turn. I can't find them on Steam to ask them (probably due to their privacy settings) but I am worried this is maybe a bug. Is there anyway to confirm this?
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 08:14 PM   #2
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Default Re: Multiplayer enemy turn skipped?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
I am in a multiplayer game and as far as I can tell the other player isn't doing anything on their turn. I can't find them on Steam to ask them (probably due to their privacy settings) but I am worried this is maybe a bug. Is there anyway to confirm this?
There's really no good way to confirm it. What I have found is things can get out of sync. You can exit to the main menu and see if the game prompts you for your turn, but I have been having issues with the get getting wonky when you do that, so exit at your own risk (but it is really the only option you have other than waiting it out).
Old 12-22-2017, 08:27 PM   #3
Conspyre

Quote:
Might be me? Same username on Steam. It was, in fact, skipping my turns, and at least one GEV movement phase. I'd load up my turn on the alert, and it would say it was your turn. It also put my dialog box for reinforcements BEHIND an unclickable "opponent's turn" box. Not to sour grape about getting wrecked, but my side of that game was literally unplayable for most of the game.
Conspyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 08:28 PM   #4
Conspyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranitePenguin View Post
There's really no good way to confirm it. What I have found is things can get out of sync. You can exit to the main menu and see if the game prompts you for your turn, but I have been having issues with the get getting wonky when you do that, so exit at your own risk (but it is really the only option you have other than waiting it out).
This seems to have been what happened- it was getting stuck on enemy phases, so I jumped out to the menu, and then Everything Got Ruined.
Old 12-22-2017, 08:30 PM   #5
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspyre View Post
Might be me? Same username on Steam. It was, in fact, skipping my turns, and at least one GEV movement phase. I'd load up my turn on the alert, and it would say it was your turn. It also put my dialog box for reinforcements BEHIND an unclickable "opponent's turn" box. Not to sour grape about getting wrecked, but my side of that game was literally unplayable for most of the game.
Nope not you.
Old 12-22-2017, 08:32 PM   #6
Conspyre

Quote:
Nope not you.
Oh good, there's MORE people having unplayable games tonight... :(
Old 12-22-2017, 08:40 PM   #7
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Oh good, there's MORE people having unplayable games tonight... :(
Or they are skipping their turns on purpose, who knows. Notably the matchmaker did pair me again with the same player and they are definitely fighting in the other game.
Old 12-22-2017, 08:41 PM   #8
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Remember, please send bug reports if you are experiencing this issue. We need to get as much data as possible to Auroch to squash this one fast. :-(
Old 12-22-2017, 09:00 PM   #9
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranitePenguin View Post
Remember, please send bug reports if you are experiencing this issue. We need to get as much data as possible to Auroch to squash this one fast. :-(
Yeah that is why I am trying to see if there is anyway for me confirm it is a bug.
Old 12-22-2017, 10:20 PM   #10
selenite

Quote:
Might be me? Same username on Steam. It was, in fact, skipping my turns, and at least one GEV movement phase.
We played Train (I'm selenite1 or karl.gallagher on Steam). Were you having those problems there? From my end you were having reasonable turn times until the very end.
selenite is offline   Reply With Quote