Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-08-2016, 11:06 AM   #1
Themoopanator

Default Large scale battle system. 3rd edition.

Hi! I'm here to ask if there is some kind of large scale battle system that may be in place in the Gurps system that I can't find, if there is any system like that generally used by the community or if any individuals have any ideas on the topic.

The run down: I am going to have my players lead an army in my fantasy campaign. This campaign will be using medieval style weapon technology so really I need a system in place that accounts for melee, long range, siege and cavalry units.

My idea was that they would plan the battle before hand and then in battle they would be in a normal combat situation where, using the horns the characters are given they can make very basic commands during battle. I'm using 3rd edition too, even though that's not going to make much of a difference.

Thanks for reading!
Themoopanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 11:51 AM   #2
Anaraxes

Default Re: Large scale battle system. 3rd edition.

The 4e GURPS Mass Combat system should work fine with 3e. The 3e version is in Compendium II (if I recall correctly). Originally appearing in Horseclans.
Anaraxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 01:09 PM   #3
Mr_Sandman

Default Re: Large scale battle system. 3rd edition.

The 3rd edition mass combat rules are available online: http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/Rolepla...mbat-Land.html
Mr_Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battle, fantasy