Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-20-2017, 01:59 AM   #41
Flyndaran
Untagged

Default Re: [IW] Looking for Lost Loves

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHowl View Post
And there could be hundreds or thousands of undiscovered timelines that are concurrent with the three, Homeline and Centrum have only explored a few thousand timelines out of a potential infinity of possible timelines. Just because Infinity has not encountered them does not mean that they do not exist, just that they have not overlapped yet with Infinity. In addition, it is always possible for TL8 timelines to invent conveyers without having the ability to make projectors, which is why Infinity keeps an eye of such timelines (though there is only so much they can do with 10,000 agents).
Just to keep things from getting out of hand completely, I like the idea that there can only be one furthest ahead reality per quantum. Homeline is Q5's, for example.
Old 12-20-2017, 02:05 AM   #42
Flyndaran
Untagged

Default Re: [IW] Looking for Lost Loves

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHowl View Post
I am just imagining a couple of serial killers going to every other timeline to kidnap and torture the family members of their 'copies' in order to turn their 'copies' into serial killers just like them. What horrible sins would a person commit to prevent their children, parents, spouses, etc from suffering death and/or violation?
Imagine you found 100 parallels of "you", and you're by far the most vile pathetic version... or the best and all others are monsters. Which is more disheartening?

Finding out that those parallels suffered even worse abuse than you, but they didn't become serial killers. Imagine the envy and self loathing turned outward.

Or go simplistic adventure with The One starring Jet Li. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_One_(2001_film)

Last edited by Flyndaran; 12-20-2017 at 02:08 AM.
Flyndaran is offline   Reply With Quote