Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2022, 12:45 PM   #251
SID
 
SID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Nar Shaddaa
Default Re: SID's Star Wars Campaign (IC)

@Bibingui, PURR1T0 and the gun lay on the floor nearby K10.

I’m including these details discussed via PM, so the other players know.

PURR1T0 was assisting Bibingui in driving, it helped jumpstart the shuttle and then it was (loosely) “docked” on top of the shuttle like an astromech.

PURR1T0 lacks armor and in its position it couldn’t dodge. It flew away and received 16 points of damage (the average of 4d6 + trauma).

PURR1T0 can’t fight, but you could ask it for the sword.
__________________
STAR WARS powered by GURPS, is now recruiting.
Join the game today in the Play by Post section of the forum.
SID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 02:21 PM   #252
FloggMunkies
 
Join Date: Oct 2022
Default Re: SID's Star Wars Campaign (IC)

Ignoring a diagnostics subsystem blaring in their head about a damaged arm servo, N5-K10 pings PURR1T0 with a binary request for Bibingui's lightsaber. With it in hand, K10 finds the switch and prepares for the delicate task of using a several foot long arc of weightless but deadly energy to cut Bibingui out of the wreckage.
FloggMunkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2022, 02:43 PM   #253
FloggMunkies
 
Join Date: Oct 2022
Default Re: SID's Star Wars Campaign (IC)

With a steady hand, K10 is able to cut the parts of the wreckage holding Bibingui down without touching the ewok or causing a collapse. Deactivating the blade, K10 looks at Jojo, gestures briefly in the general direction of the hostile droids and says "Eyes open." and goes to pull Bibingui out.

Last edited by FloggMunkies; 11-12-2022 at 02:47 PM.
FloggMunkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 02:05 PM   #254
SID
 
SID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Nar Shaddaa
Default Re: SID's Star Wars Campaign (IC)

K10 receives clear input from Bibingui and carefully retrieves the (proto) lightsaber from PURR1T0's carcass. K10 isn’t sure whether their fellow droid is alright, but it at least lies in one piece, albeit flashing and making unintelligible sounds. Between the time K10 fetched the lightsaber and got into the shuttle, Jojo looked for ways to free Bibingui ASAP, this is when you also spotted three speeders approaching and their tripulants.

K10 moves into the shuttle unnoticed, the KX-series confirm the presence of enemies in the vicinity and get off their rides. You hear them mutter, and you listen to their feet hitting the floor with a distinguishable "muffled clank" that conveys their intent and their capacity for destruction & punishment.

A shiver goes down Bibingui’s spine as heat and tension build up. K10 evaluates their options, perhaps they should split Bibingui in two and slap some BACTA on the wound? It certainly seemed a likely solution.

“Let’s do it”, read the droid’s intention, but when K10 was about the begin, Jojo suggested cutting Bibingui’s seat from the back, where armor was negligible. And thus, they cut the thinner layer of metal holding Bibingui’s seat on the shuttle, eventually pulling her out of predicaments… Meanwhile, Vanta takes point.

The smoke coming from the shuttle and the speeder conceal you, but not for long. The KX-series start moving towards your position, 2 are approaching the shuttle’s door, the third one takes the other side (i.e., driver’s window).

K10, their SOS distress signal is still playing.

COMBAT STARTS, ACTION!

Think of the shuttle as if it was a bus. It has a door on each of its ends, looking forward from the driver’s seat, the doors are on the right side of the shuttle (it’s about 15 yards long, SM 5). If enemy droids decide to enter, it’d be one at a time. Despite of their size, their skills won’t be impeded inside of the shuttle. Remember, guys inside the shuttle are effectively surrounded. Everybody realize their gear is at least as good as K10’s or Vanta.

PUZZLE: All of you are inside the shuttle; the seats are parallel to the walls, so there’s no cover. There’s enough room for dodge and drop, and little room for retreat dodge. Without shedding blood and oil, it may take 3 turns to get away from them, can you make it? The captured droid lies by the door on the back, be careful no to trip.

Bibingui, your weapons are the proto lightsaber and your mono-wire-whip, no guns right now.

TURN 1
The droids start approaching the shuttle, two are by the door’s threshold.
__________________
STAR WARS powered by GURPS, is now recruiting.
Join the game today in the Play by Post section of the forum.

Last edited by SID; 11-22-2022 at 09:15 AM.
SID is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cyberpunk, magic, powers, sci fi, spaceships, star wars, traveller

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.