Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2011, 09:39 PM   #11
Icelander

Default Re: GURPS Tactical Shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crakkerjakk View Post
Problem is it isn't that rare. I trained to reload while keeping my right hand (strong side) on the M-16 pistol grip while using my left (weak side) to reload. The only thing my right hand did was hit the magazine release. And I'm a pogue.
Do you reload in 1 second or 3 seconds? Can you reload that fast while being shot at?

Because if you only reload in three seconds and/or cannot reload with such alacrity except under carefully controlled circumstances, you don't need any check to do that and the theoretical possibility of a penalty for using the off-hand is moot.

My personal opinion is that the real world actions represented by the sub-1 second Fast-Draw (Pistol) or the 1-second drop magazine > Fast-Draw (Ammo) > drop magazine into the magazine well are so rarely demonstrated that it is perfectly realistic to make it very hard to perform under combat conditions. Requiring an extra Off-Hand Weapon Training Perk or a high enough Fast-Draw (Ammo) roll to make it reliable even at the penalty is just fine with me. Doing it on the IPSC range is at a positive TDM compared to the battlefield anyway, so the -4 penalty is less important.

Tags
melee, tactical shooting