Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-14-2016, 11:01 AM   #151
The_Ryujin

Default Re: GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 19: Incantation Magic

Ok, finally got my chance to just sit down and read it and this is pretty much exactly what I was looking for when it came to how wizards work in the game I've working on since I decided to make the switch to GURPS!

So with base magic system already being the perfect fit for my mages, P.K.'s amazing Sorcery book handling the way I wanted sorcerers to work, my trinity is now complete heh.

All I got say is, MOAR PLZ!!

Normies: Man! The government is filled with liars and thieves! Me: Well yeah, here's what they're lying about, what they're stealing from you, and who's doing it. Normies: Rolls eyes Shut up conspiracy theorist Me: >.>
The_Ryujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 11:10 AM   #152
Kalzazz

Whoa. That would make such a difference with my fantasy sorceress she wouldn't be recognizable . . . . I think she sometimes has like 5 buffs going
Kalzazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 11:10 AM   #153
Christopher R. Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ryujin View Post
Ok, finally got my chance to just sit down and read it and this is pretty much exactly what I was looking for when it came to how wizards work in the game I've working on since I decided to make the switch to GURPS!

So with base magic system already being the perfect fit for my mages, P.K.'s amazing Sorcery book handling the way I wanted sorcerers to work, my trinity is now complete heh.

All I got say is, MOAR PLZ!!
Thanks! Make sure the higher ups know. :-) Spread it about. Review it if you can.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 11:11 AM   #154
Christopher R. Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
Whoa. That would make such a difference with my fantasy sorceress she wouldn't be recognizable . . . . I think she sometimes has like 5 buffs going
Yup. That's the problem for my Supers game It would break some setting assumptions if things weren't constrained in a logical way.

Become a Patron!
Old 09-14-2016, 11:55 AM   #155
Kalzazz

You can take credit for one of the spells since you started up Bless for Sorcery, so she had to buy that.

Amusingly the sorceress is heavily heavily inspired by a video game character to start with, completely using the same fighting style of 'fly next to enemy, hit for horrible overkill flame attack, fly to next enemy and repeat'. So Sorcery worked utterly brilliantly for mimicking a certain video game magic!

Since we are discussing Incantion Magic, and I have not yet made any progress internalizing it, can you make a Bless equivalent?
Old 09-14-2016, 12:08 PM   #156
Christopher R. Rice

Quote:
You can take credit for one of the spells since you started up Bless for Sorcery, so she had to buy that.

Amusingly the sorceress is heavily heavily inspired by a video game character to start with, completely using the same fighting style of 'fly next to enemy, hit for horrible overkill flame attack, fly to next enemy and repeat'. So Sorcery worked utterly brilliantly for mimicking a certain video game magic!

Since we are discussing Incantion Magic, and I have not yet made any progress internalizing it, can you make a Bless equivalent?
Yes, that would be a spell with a Broad Bestows a Bonus, some Destiny points, and using Limited Spells "When the destiny points are used this spell goes away " along with a max Duration.

Become a Patron!
Old 09-14-2016, 12:14 PM   #157
Kalzazz

Path of Augury I'm guessing?
Old 09-14-2016, 12:15 PM   #158
The_Ryujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdancer View Post
Thanks! Make sure the higher ups know. :-) Spread it about. Review it if you can.
Will do, though I can't guarantee one right away sadly.

My co-workers and I have finally gave up on trying to all have the same day off and have settled on what V-tabletop we're gonna use for my GURPS demo. This means I gotta get cracking on it and that's eat up the lions share of my free time... though I'll try to sneak it in if I can.

Thankfully I was able to make a small back catalogue of nearly finished posts so I got something to post on my blog while I'm busy with that... though I do have to cut back on trying to make every GURPS day post a monster... I don't even want to think of how many hours I sunk into this weeks one heh.

Normies: Man! The government is filled with liars and thieves! Me: Well yeah, here's what they're lying about, what they're stealing from you, and who's doing it. Normies: Rolls eyes Shut up conspiracy theorist Me: >.>
Old 09-14-2016, 12:28 PM   #159
Christopher R. Rice

Quote:
Path of Augury I'm guessing?
Correctomundo.

Quote:
Will do, though I can't guarantee one right away sadly.
Thanks for whenever then!

Quote:
My co-workers and I have finally gave up on trying to all have the same day off and have settled on what V-tabletop we're gonna use for my GURPS demo. This means I gotta get cracking on it and that's eat up the lions share of my free time... though I'll try to sneak it in if I can.
Cool! VTTs are awesome. :-)

Quote:
Thankfully I was able to make a small back catalogue of nearly finished posts so I got something to post on my blog while I'm busy with that... though I do have to cut back on trying to make every GURPS day post a monster... I don't even want to think of how many hours I sunk into this weeks one heh.
Yeah, your blog posts are a bit to chew on. But good! Very good.

Become a Patron!
Old 09-14-2016, 12:49 PM   #160
The_Ryujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdancer View Post
Thanks for whenever then!
Not going to lie... I think I have a blogging problem... I've already started work on the review >.>

Tags
dungeon fantasy, fantasy