Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2018, 03:30 PM   #20
JLV

Default Re: Pre-Gen cards and Character sheet pads

I'm going to resurrect this one briefly to note that things like the "rumors" being published as part of the Kickstarter would be perfect subjects for cards. That, and things like plot twists, or random events, to me, would be excellent choices for cards that could be drawn by the GM when s/he's short of inspiration or time, or simply needs something to fill in the blank spot.

Basically, anything non-material; motivations, reactions, mysteries (and clues to them), and, as already mentioned, rumors and plot twists and things like that would be an excellent use of cards. Much better, to my mind, than swords, or equipment, or treasures. The non-material things don't even have to be fleshed out with a lot of text; simple two or three word statements (like "Exploding Chickens") would suffice to give the GM something to run with in the way of a rumor or plot twist or whatever. In fact, you could list six such statements on a single card (numbered 1-6, of course) and roll a die to see which one comes up... Lots of variety possible that way, with the minimum number of cards. (One hundred cards gives you 600 ideas -- 1200 if you use both sides of the card! You could color code one side red for "bad" things and one side blue for "good" things, as just one example off the top of my head.)

Last edited by JLV; 08-09-2018 at 03:34 PM.
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote