Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars

Old 02-08-2017, 07:02 PM   #1
stratonascar

Default My Car Wars Timeline Idea

Well I'm getting a ready for a New Summer Storyline using NASCAR Racing 2003 Season and Car Wars so it will take place in the San Francisco Bay Area but with a twist that is set in the past, so here's what it looks like.

I'll be doing it by adding stuff from the 1984 Book WarDay along with my own top-of-my-head thinking. This means everything will be melded into this setting as it really occured in this setting.

However I'm going to post the Revised Car Wars timeline, so everyone can see it, and maybe get some feedback. If you have any ideas that i've missed, or point out issues I haven't considered regarding what's there. Some of this I'm trying to tweak it up.
stratonascar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 07:03 PM   #2
stratonascar

Default Re: My Car Wars Timeline Idea

And Now Here's the Timeline

October 20, 1988: World War III began as the USSR uses a nuclear bomb to destroy Washington, DC, San Antonio, TX, Long Island, NY and ICBM Fields and Major Air Bases in the Dakotas, Montana and Wyoming killing about 7 Million People. The subsequent firestorms and fallout destroyed most of Brooklyn, Queens, Baltimore, and most of Southwest Texas. The Soviet Navy also launched nuclear attacks which destroyed about 90% of the United States Navy.

During World War III in 1988: California Music Channel has discontinued on KTSF as Rick Kurkjian had announced to be drafted in the Military join AFN Hot AC.

1989: Major League Baseball cancelled the 1989 season due to World War III with the loss of 9 Major League Teams (New York Yankees, New York Mets, Baltimore Orioles, Philadelphia Phillies, Texas Rangers, Houston Astros, Kansas City Royals, St. Louis Cardinals & Cincinnati Reds) the rest moved forward to barnstorm in hopes of putting a New Baseball League from Scratch

Spring 1990: Five Former MLB Teams from California (California Angels (Anaheim, CA), Los Angeles Dodgers, Oakland Athletics, San Diego Padres & San Francisco Giants) untouched when the Nuclear Bombs hit created their own league as the California Major Baseball Association along with the San Jose Bees, The League expanded in 1991 as the Seattle Mariners moved to Sacramento and the Salinas Spurs

Also: Kuwait has invaded during World war III with Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Israel and the Persian Gulf to Follow

1992: With a Possibility of a Merger, The Leftovers Major League Teams in the USA are going to unite for a re-birth of Major League Baseball however they are Talks that the Toronto Blue Jays and the Montreal Expos have played their games against the Squads from the USA so they agreed.

1993: Following the Aftermath of the loss of the Four Major Sports Leagues (NBA, NHL, NFL & MLB) due to World War III, Baseball has finally back under a triumphant return to create the United Leagues of Baseball

The Alignment

American League: Boston Red Sox, Chicago White Sox, Cleveland Indians, Detroit Tigers, Los Angeles Angels, Milwaukee Brewers, Oakland Athletics, Sacramento Mariners, Toronto Blue Jays
National League: Atlanta Braves, Chicago Cubs, Los Angeles Dodgers, Montreal Expos, Pittsburgh Pirates, Salinas Spurs, San Diego Padres, San Francisco Giants, San Jose Bees

1995: Federal government moves to nationalize dwindling supplies of oil and natural gas production. Legislatures in Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana react by seceding, and move to nationalize these resources themselves. Pitched battles with federal forces follow, resulting in the destruction of several oilfield sites on both sides of the newly-established border.

1996: Owners of Surviving NFL Teams which were not hit in World War III made talks of bringing a new Pro Football League from Scratch, however they're planning to do a lottery to see which 12 Teams will play in the first season which will be scheduled in 1998.

2000: The United Football Alliance has been founded with the Original 12 Teams

AFC: Buffalo Bills, Cleveland Browns, New England Patriots, Oakland Raiders, Pittsburgh Steelers, San Diego Chargers
NFC: Atlanta Falcons, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, Los Angeles Rams, San Francisco 49ers

2003: U.S. forces stopped in the hills of central Texas, ending bloody "Gulf or Bust" campaign. Rebel forces begin to retake lost territory.

2005: Texarkana Accords are signed, ending the Second Civil War. Oklahoma, Texas and Louisiana become three separate sovereign nations, referred to as the Free Oil States.

2008: Amalgamated Meditech successfully combined these two technologies to create a clone of a human being with memories implanted in it by sensory-transfer devices. The result was a clone with the memories and personality of the sensory-input donor. Amalgamate Meditech announced its new cloning division, Gold Cross), and made a fortune from wealthy individuals around the globe.

2012: Grain blight breaks out in Nebraska, spreading rapidly to neighboring areas. A simultaneous blight takes root in the Ukraine. Accusations fly, charging deliberate biological war, followed by nuclear warheads. To everyone's surprise, satellite defenses stop most of the missiles. Meanwhile, the world's stock of grains, excluding barley and sesame, has been devastated. Severe food shortages spring up across the globe. The U.S. is in better short-term shape than most, since the blight apparently has no effect on foods with preservatives in them.

2013: A Project is made to clone many immortals in Pro Sports History however the clones will first play after the clone will turn 15 Years Old in 2028.

2016: The Food Riots. "Fortress" towns develop. National government fails to keep order throughout much of the U.S.

2018: Gangs rule most of the U.S. outside of the fortress towns. Country real estate becomes worthless; algae farms make up lost food production.

2020: Many large cities totally abandoned. National government regains authority but enforcement decentralized. Economy weak but stable, with food rationed and unemployment at 37%.

2023: "Crazy Joe" Harshman wins Fresno Stock Car Race by mounting a surplus .50-caliber machine gun in his Chevy. Term "autoduelling" first used by sportswriters as Stock Car Fans.

2025: Autoduel Racing made a comeback, edging out football and baseball. Eight more autoduel arenas open in North America. The American Autoduel Association (AADA) is formed.

2026: Utah autoduellists form vigilante group to counter Badlands cycle gangs. AADA holds first sanctioned "National Championship" in Austin, Texas. AADA also begins issuing area advisories and helping duellists organize against cycle gangs and other hazards, upsetting local police forces.

2027: Police admit inability to deal with duellist-armed vehicles in highway use. Informal duels increase in numbers.

2028: Many localities legalize vehicular weaponry of a "defensive nature" - very loosely defined. Duelling outside city limits now legal in 14 states and tolerated in most others.

Also: The First Clones have entered in to the Pro Sports World many of which have entered to United Football Association or the United Baseball Association with Hockey and much more follows..

2029: A variety of weapons becomes available as "factory options" on all U.S. makes of cars and several imports.

2030: Statistics show "smash-and-grab" cycle and car gangs much reduced. Rural real estate begins to rise in value. Law enforcement officials credit vehicular weaponry of private citizens, but most point out that "The gangs that are left are now better armed than we are ..." Autoduelling now legal in 39 states, as well as the Free Oil States.

2033: Autoduel Quarterly, "The Journal of the American Autoduel Association," is first published. Autoduelling now legal in all 47 states in the U.S., as well as Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, most Canadian provinces, the Republic of Quebec, Australia and Mexico.

2036: To Celebrate the Bicentennial of Texas, The State has officially rejoined the USA along with Oklahoma and Louisiana

2049: After 60 Years of Abscence, The California Music Channel made a return on KTSF which is now showing on Channel 2 in San Francisco.

2050: The National Association of Stock Car Autoduel Racing was founded by 44 year old Luke France many people who were cloned previously have signed on to this sport including Fred Lorenzen, Joe Weatherly, Herb Thomas, Tim Flock, Junior Johnson, Fireball Roberts and. Lee Petty

2054: NASCAR along with UFA Football and ULB Baseball are currently in the Top 3 with Hockey right behind in fourth place.

2068: Cale Yarborough won the Peach State 200 season finale race in Jefferson, GA, David Pearson who finished 3rd in the Season Finale race in Jefferson, GA clinched the 2068 NASCAR Jollibee Cup Crown

January 2069: GAME TIME AND IT BEGINS AT RIVERSIDE FOR NASCAR!
Old 02-10-2017, 11:00 AM   #3
J. Roberts

Love the focus on major league sports, especially baseball. Also the idea of cloning top athletes is a cool idea ("Batting first for the San Francisco Giants, Barry Bonds 1A. Batting second for the Giants, Barry Bonds 1B. Batting third..."). (My other thought is that with clones we finally have the perfect control group to determine how much improvement a player gets from performance-enhancing drugs.)
J. Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 05:06 PM   #4
stratonascar

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Roberts View Post
Love the focus on major league sports, especially baseball. Also the idea of cloning top athletes is a cool idea ("Batting first for the San Francisco Giants, Barry Bonds 1A. Batting second for the Giants, Barry Bonds 1B. Batting third..."). (My other thought is that with clones we finally have the perfect control group to determine how much improvement a player gets from performance-enhancing drugs.)
That's Good but I will adjust to allow One Clone to be assigned on One Team that means you can have more than 9 Barry Bonds on One Team, however I'm planning to adjust the Timeline starting in 2000 instead of WarDay but World War III will occur in 2011 not 1989.

But back to your last post J. Roberts, I hope the Roster for my hometown nearby team (The Oakland Athletics) could include Rickey Henderson, Sal Bando and Jose Canseco.

So Here's to a Vocal Drill Autoduel World! #CantWait

ADJUSTED TIMELINE IN NEXT POST
Old 02-10-2017, 05:26 PM   #5
stratonascar

UPDATED TIMELINE

2000: Federal government moves to nationalize dwindling supplies of oil and natural gas production. Legislatures in Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana react by seceding, and move to nationalize these resources themselves. Pitched battles with federal forces follow, resulting in the destruction of several oilfield sites on both sides of the newly-established border.

2003: U.S. forces stopped in the hills of central Texas, ending bloody "Gulf or Bust" campaign. Rebel forces begin to retake lost territory.

2004: Texarkana Accords are signed, ending the Second Civil War. Oklahoma, Texas and Louisiana become three separate sovereign nations, referred to as the Free Oil States.

2011: World War 3 Began however many of these Radio DJ's including Chuy Gomez (of KMEL in San Francisco), Jojo Wright (of KIIS-FM in Los Angeles) among others are going to work to play on the Radio during the War, also a number of TV Stations suspend broadcasting for World War III

2012: Grain blight breaks out in Nebraska, spreading rapidly to neighboring areas. A simultaneous blight takes root in the Ukraine. Accusations fly, charging deliberate biological war, followed by nuclear warheads. To everyone's surprise, satellite defenses stop most of the missiles. Meanwhile, the world's stock of grains, excluding barley and sesame, has been devastated. Severe food shortages spring up across the globe. The U.S. is in better short-term shape than most, since the blight apparently has no effect on foods with preservatives in them.

Also: A Few Months after the California Music Channel pulls the plug despite of the building being damaged by the War, A Project is made to clone many immortals in Pro Sports History however the clones will first play after the clone will turn 15 Years Old in 2027.

2016: The Food Riots. "Fortress" towns develop. National government fails to keep order throughout much of the U.S.

2018: Gangs rule most of the U.S. outside of the fortress towns. Country real estate becomes worthless; algae farms make up lost food production.

2020: Many large cities totally abandoned. National government regains authority but enforcement decentralized. Economy weak but stable, with food rationed and unemployment at 37%.

2021: World War 3 Has Ended after 10 Years.

2022: Supreme Court decision decriminalizes manslaughter in arena games. "Death sports" become popular. Television becomes nation's number-two industry, just after food production.

2023: "Crazy Joe" Harshman wins Fresno destruction derby by mounting a surplus .50-caliber machine gun in his Chevy. Term "autoduelling" first used by sportswriters.

2024: Armadillo Autoduel Arena opens on site of former shopping mall in Austin, Texas.

2025: Autoduelling becomes most popular TV sport, edging out combat football and private wars. Eight more autoduel arenas open in North America. The American Autoduel Association (AADA) is formed.

2026: Utah autoduellists form vigilante group to counter Badlands cycle gangs. AADA holds first sanctioned "National Championship" in Austin, Texas. AADA also begins issuing area advisories and helping duellists organize against cycle gangs and other hazards, upsetting local police forces.

2027: Police admit inability to deal with duellist-armed vehicles in highway use. Informal duels increase in numbers.

Also: The First Clones have entered in to the Pro Sports World many of which have entered to United Football Association or the United Baseball Association with Hockey and much more follows.

2028: Many localities legalize vehicular weaponry of a "defensive nature" - very loosely defined. Duelling outside city limits now legal in 14 states and tolerated in most others.

2029: A variety of weapons becomes available as "factory options" on all U.S. makes of cars and several imports.

2030: Statistics show "smash-and-grab" cycle and car gangs much reduced. Rural real estate begins to rise in value. Law enforcement officials credit vehicular weaponry of private citizens, but most point out that "The gangs that are left are now better armed than we are ..." Autoduelling now legal in 39 states, as well as the Free Oil States.

2033: Autoduel Quarterly, "The Journal of the American Autoduel Association," is first published. Autoduelling now legal in all 47 states in the U.S., as well as Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, most Canadian provinces, the Republic of Quebec, Australia and Mexico.

2036: To Celebrate the Bicentennial of Texas, The State has officially rejoined the USA along with Oklahoma and Louisiana

2050: The National Association of Stock Car Autoduel Racing was founded by 44 year old Luke France many people who were cloned previously have signed on to this sport including Fred Lorenzen, Joe Weatherly, Herb Thomas, Tim Flock, Junior Johnson, Fireball Roberts and Lee Petty

2054: NASCAR along with UFA Football and ULB Baseball are currently in the Top 3 with Hockey right behind in fourth place.

2059: After 47 Years of Absence, The California Music Channel made a Triumphant return for the first time on KPIX Channel 5 which is an affiliate of LTN however the Former CMC Affiliate KTSF no longer existed as Brisbane, CA was Damaged during the 3rd World War as well as the Blight.

2068: Cale Yarborough won the Peach State 200 season finale race in Jefferson, GA, David Pearson who finished 3rd in the Season Finale race in Jefferson, GA clinched the 2068 NASCAR Jollibee Cup Crown

January 2069: GAME TIME AND IT BEGINS AT RIVERSIDE FOR NASCAR!

So Far So Good, However Music Stars will enter the GURPS Autoduel World by the power of Cloning among them are Britney Spears, NSYNC, Backstreet Boys, Justin Bieber and Christina Aguilera because My Room had a lot of CD's.
Old 02-15-2017, 10:05 AM   #6
snate56

I don't think cloning of music stars (or any celebrity) would ever be popular. It may have actually been done already, but it only would be of interest to the extremely nostalgic.

First off, there are plenty of current day music superstars out there, and with today's music tastes, are at the heighth of popularity.

Second, getting ahold of their DNA would be problematic.

Third, medical technology can sculpt anyone (perhaps someone with actual talent?) into whomever they choose.

Fourth, mere cloning does not guarantee a quality final product.

SteveN
snate56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 05:02 PM   #7
stratonascar

Quote:
Originally Posted by snate56 View Post
I don't think cloning of music stars (or any celebrity) would ever be popular. It may have actually been done already, but it only would be of interest to the extremely nostalgic.

First off, there are plenty of current day music superstars out there, and with today's music tastes, are at the heighth of popularity.

Third, medical technology can sculpt anyone (perhaps someone with actual talent?) into whomever they choose.

SteveN
I hope we could clone those music stars, However I hope that in my storyline they can make it to the Top 40 in hopes of Going to #1 for a second chance some do, some don't but will see.

However in the Pro Football Side many of the Team Names will be in the Car Wars World: Los Angeles Rams, Seattle Seahawks (or B-Ones or Kings?), Spokane Express all of which are Combat Football teams.
Old 02-20-2017, 02:12 PM   #8
J. Roberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by snate56 View Post

SteveN
My younger sisters (by which I mean early- to mid-30's) went nuts a few years ago when NSYNC (or was it Backstreet Boys--anyway, some 90's boy band 20 years past their prime) came to town. So yeah, I can totally see a market for fans wanting to see the musical acts of their youth back performing in young bodies.

*stratonascar: Surely the Minnesota Vikings would get a Combat Football team?
J. Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 03:02 PM   #9
snate56

Well, even if you could find the stock to clone from and you get an identical looking body, you still wouldn't have the brain to download from.
Of course, with a boy-band, you could just train them up like they were originally, lip-sync to some of the old tunes, and you might have a money maker there!

(maybe someone in an illegal Gold Cross research facility develops a technique to get some of the memories from a long dead brain...)

I could see a scenario now where you are hired to transport one of these guys cross-country and you find out he's nothing like the original... but he really doesn't care about the money; he really, really cares about and wants to be there for his fans!

SteveN

Last edited by snate56; 02-20-2017 at 03:06 PM.
snate56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 08:27 AM   #10
Racer

And there was me thinking Donald Trump would be the cause of World War III and collapse into anarchy of many Countries ...

X-D