Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 01-13-2014, 09:40 AM   #1
TedZeppelin

Default Ever too late to bribe the Floating Nose?

Once a player has decided to fight the floating nose, can he change his mind and bribe it after he has lost the fight? My friend encountered the Nose and was unable to beat it, so he asked another player for help. Once they were both in the combat, I played Potion of Cowardice, forcing them to flee, which they couldn't do because the Nose doesn't allow it. At this point, they both said they would simply bribe the nose instead of suffering its bad stuff. I don't think that is allowed, and now we have a rules dispute on our hands.
I own the game, and so have made the ruling, but that will only hold up so long. Who is right? The Munchkin Trophy is at stake.
TedZeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:01 AM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Ever too late to bribe the Floating Nose?

Once you played the Potion of Cowardice, their decision making process was done. They could not bribe Floating Nose to escape because they were no longer in the combat and were forced to Run Away. Prior to that point, however, they could have decided at any time to bribe him to go away. So, had you instead played a Wandering Monster with a Monster they couldn't beat along with Floating Nose, they could have bribed Floating Nose to go away and just tried to tackle the new Monster together.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bribing, floating nose, potion of cowardice