Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2016, 05:49 PM   #17
Culture20

Default Re: DF Monsters: A Wizard did It!

There are entire sites devoted to photoshopped hybrid animals, some are quite well done, and others are frightening because of the animals they're made from. Hybridize anything with top tier predators, and you have dangerous weird things.

https://www.google.com/search?q=hybr...oshop&tbm=isch

Speaking of hybrid photoshops:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
Vroat: a cross between a giant toad and a crocodile, they jump and bite with their big jaws.
A Vroat? https://i.ytimg.com/vi/AUEJDw91ceI/maxresdefault.jpg

A monster I never got around to using when I was a DM was the AD&D Oriental Adventures version of a goblin spider: just a giant spider that was able to mimic human speech like a parrot. So most of what is says are "Aaah! It's eating me!" "Save yourselves!" "It's a giant spider!" "Hello, are you trying to communicate?" "I think we're safe now." And despite all the spider webs, and even the spider yelling about a giant spider, the players would still have to make fear checks as the spider attacks them, screaming like a human being killed by a giant spider. Hilarity might ensue if players think it's intelligent and aren't 100% murder-hobos.

Last edited by Culture20; 09-17-2016 at 05:59 PM.
Culture20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dungeon fantasy, monsters