Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 12-11-2017, 02:33 PM   #21
Mack_JB

Default Re: OGRE Loot! Show Us Yours!

Black Ogres have arrived ... six more plastic monsters for the collection.

I also got several other items. In preparation for Minis #2, I ordered another 100 1/32" x 3/4" plexiglas discs for INF mounting, and as proxies for LAD, I ordered 20 "Axis & Allies" (Spring 1942 edition) 'Anti-Aircraft Guns'. The Reactor from the Simpson's "Game of Life" has also arrived, and the Springfield City Hall and School may make a good generic Admin buildings. 'Apu's Kwik-E-Mart', the church, and the Simpson's home are less useful. I do like the idea of the residents of the Springfield Retirement Castle rising up and forming a Militia unit though.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1900163

Last edited by Mack_JB; 12-11-2017 at 03:56 PM. Reason: added link
Mack_JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 03:49 PM   #22
ColBosch

My Combine Set 11 arrived today. Mmm, tiny Ogre goodness.
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 06:27 AM   #23
Deimos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misplaced Buckeye View Post
Well, I'll be at Origins 2018. Wife and I are making a week of it; me to game her to visit relatives. GO BUCKS! Maybe we can meet up there....
I'll be there also. At some point as Origins grows closer, we should set up a thread for those that are going so we can coordinate some pick-up games and/or getting together to hoist a pint or two.
Old 12-12-2017, 07:36 AM   #24
Misplaced Buckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimos View Post
I'll be there also. At some point as Origins grows closer, we should set up a thread for those that are going so we can coordinate some pick-up games and/or getting together to hoist a pint or two.
ABSOLUTELY!!. I plan on bringing my scenario of the Battle of Dark and Light...(hopefully have it totally fleshed out by then) and could use a few commanders. As for hoisting a pint there's plenty of places and being a Buckeye Alum I know some campus ones as well...at least I did back in 1976.
Misplaced Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 01:26 AM   #25
J. Durr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_JB View Post
'Apu's Kwik-E-Mart'
Please do not be nuking my store!
J. Durr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 09:28 AM   #26
ColBosch

My Combine Set 12 (Ogre Mk III-B) arrived yesterday, so I've now got a full run of the cybertanks released through normal distribution channels. Sadly, the Warehouse 23-only models - Mk IV, Mk VI, Vulcan, Ninja, and Doppelsoldner - can't be had for love or money. I guess I'll just have to wait for them to appear in plastic.

But in other good news (for me, anyway) I also won a bunch of ancient miniatures off eBay for a surprisingly low price. I won't be certain until I check them one by one, but I believe the lot contains examples of all the Martian Metals and early SJ Games armor units through the mobile howitzer. I know it includes at least three of the Martian Metals missile tanks, with the four-piece turrets.
Old 12-19-2017, 11:00 AM   #27
TheAmishStig

Please understand that I'm practically shouting this the same way Willem Dafoe did in the aftermath of 'one guy with six guns' in Boondock Saints, but...

THERE WAS A TRACKING NUMBER!

Hopefully the goodies will be here before Christmas, otherwise I get presents early next week...pictures will follow, I've held off on showing you guys my loot until that comes in.
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/
TheAmishStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 10:48 PM   #28
Mack_JB

I broke down and ordered an Armory Box ... I don't need more sets, but this way I have balance between all the colors.

I also added some metal Hovertrucks, so because the order was then over $100, I got an Ogre Sherpa pen case as a freebie. While nice to have, that's a product that the idea behind it, I just don't get.
Mack_JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 07:08 AM   #29
ColBosch

Sherpa cases are just a way to take a boring old Sharpie and dress it up as a nice pen. If you're not into nice pens then I can see how it would be a bit baffling, but there does exist a market.
Old 12-20-2017, 08:53 AM   #30
offsides

I got my Black Ogres last week and have now assembled them. Is it just me, or does the black plastic make them look even more sinister? I mean, the regular Ogres are intimidating, but in the colors supplied they're still "bright" enough to not be that scary. The Black ones? *shudder*
Joshua Megerman, SJGames MIB #5273 - Ogre AI Testing Division
offsides is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ogre 6e, ogre miniatures