Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 04-17-2015, 03:54 AM   #21
Michael Cule

Default Re: Finding bullets for a modern gun in a fantasy city

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain-Captain View Post
Assuming she can access cooperative wizards:

Replace the rare high quality brass with Orichaleum or whatever supermetal this world has and make a deal wth an air elemental to provide propulsion.

Yes, I'm riffing on Colonel Moran's air rifle here.

Edit:

Too gorram expenive?

Bullet firing Crossbows.
The orichalcum isn't narratively more pleasing than the snatcher option. Though I do like the idea of wizards and alchemists wasting their time trying to duplicate the copper: probably safer than lead to gold.

Air rifles did occur to me but I'm planning to give them to the local police as sniper weapons. Air pistols I'm not sure about. I can't seem to find many details on them so I'm planning to just give the Watch magically augmented truncheons/batons as their regular weapon.
Michael Cule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 12:05 PM   #22
tshiggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Cule View Post
The orichalcum isn't narratively more pleasing than the snatcher option. Though I do like the idea of wizards and alchemists wasting their time trying to duplicate the copper: probably safer than lead to gold.

Air rifles did occur to me but I'm planning to give them to the local police as sniper weapons. Air pistols I'm not sure about. I can't seem to find many details on them so I'm planning to just give the Watch magically augmented truncheons/batons as their regular weapon.
Or, just give them crossbows with enchanted with Apportation, triggered by the discharge, so they re-cock themselves, and then get a Cornocopia quiver and train all the constables in "Fast Draw (Quarrel)."
tshiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 08:03 PM   #23
Hans Rancke-Madsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshiggins View Post
Or, just give them crossbows with enchanted with Apportation, triggered by the discharge, so they re-cock themselves, and then get a Cornocopia quiver and train all the constables in "Fast Draw (Quarrel)."
Always provided that something like that is within the City Watch's budget. In my old fantasy game I had a wizard sell 30 crossbows with a multimissile enchantment (they cast a spell on every bolt fired that created for more bolts after leaving the crossbow). That was something one of the rulers of an entire country had to come up with the money for, and they went to equip the duty company of his guards regiment.

If a city watch can afford that sort of equipment, the high-end criminals should be equipped like that too.

Hans
Hans Rancke-Madsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 01:43 PM   #24
simply Nathan
formerly known as 'Kenneth Latrans'

Go into the Suspiciously Undermanned Warehouse and look for a crate approximately half your height.

Shoot it with your gun so it knows what kind of bullets you need.

Ta-da! It explodes into a pile of ammo!

Tags
guns