Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 05-13-2018, 10:44 PM   #111
ColBosch

Default Re: OGRE Loot! Show Us Yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CON_Troll View Post
That's a VERY nice collection. Like you, many of us are dreading the "time-sink" factor of when we actually get around to painting our minis.
I have painted more miniatures in the past six months than I have in the nearly two decades prior. I'm about to finish up another four Ogres and just got an ink wash on a company of Combine LGEVs. My metal collection is at roughly 95% undercoated, excluding infantry. Later this week I'll be putting in a paint order so I can do up another two-three copies of Miniatures Set 1 and to prepare for the arrival of Set 2. See, once that arrives, I'll have about 1000 armor units, 900 individual infantry, and five dozen cybertanks, plus buildings.
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 10:57 AM   #112
TheAmishStig

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColBosch View Post
(snip) Later this week I'll be putting in a paint order so I can do up another two-three copies of Miniatures Set 1 and to prepare for the arrival of Set 2. See, once that arrives, I'll have about 1000 armor units, 900 individual infantry, and five dozen cybertanks, plus buildings.
That is something I both really look forward to, and dread. Running the math out of curiosity, once Set 2 / Project Legionnaire / Project Huscarl / Project (CLASSIFIED) arrive, I'm gonna be right about that same level...about a thousand armored units, 900-ish squads of infantry, and over a hundred cybertanks. Need to get painting (and making terrain, and sourcing a base mat, and sourcing a hex stencil for the reverse side of the base mat, and...) if I'm running Minis at a convention any time soon.

And yet..I was dancing in the shower this morning when I remembered that there will be 3 extra Mk.IVs / Fencers thanks to the 'per mailer box, not per set' bonus. It's not enough to do "All PEF paint schemes get a permanently-glued Fencer-A and a permanently-glued Fencer-B" as originally intended (and as per Phil, they didn't do a standalone run this time), but it is just enough to get me through Project (Even More Classified)...
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/
TheAmishStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 05:21 PM   #113
ColBosch

I think most of you have already seen this, so I'll keep this short and sweet:

I finished my Martian Metals Ogre Mk. V today. Here it is, next to how it looked when I got it.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/949/2...a8884bda_z.jpg
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 05:29 PM   #114
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColBosch View Post
I think most of you have already seen this, so I'll keep this short and sweet:

I finished my Martian Metals Ogre Mk. V today. Here it is, next to how it looked when I got it.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/949/2...a8884bda_z.jpg
That looks great! Nice to see a successful restoration; he'll be crushing INF in no time.

Tags
ogre 6e, ogre miniatures