Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-11-2017, 10:57 AM   #1
Randover

Default Baby Grouth Familiar

It is matter of time, did someone done it already?

Based on Guardions of Galaxy 2

Warning spoilers for the film may fallow.
Randover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 11:34 AM   #2
Phantasm

Default Re: Baby Grouth Familiar

Interesting misspelling for "Groot". How did you come up with "Grouth" (I originally parsed it as "Growth")

As it is, I think Groot has Body of Wood as his primary deal. An IQ 8 or so due to his age, but Racial Memory or Reawakened for memories of his past life that may come up.

Of course, the real question is: what abilities would such a familiar grant? I can't seem to think of any.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 11:40 AM   #3
Varyon

Hell, I thought he meant "Baby Growth Formula" (implying such a thing is used in GotG2 to make Baby Groot grow up into his full-sized self from the first movie; I haven't seen the second one yet).

Randover, are you asking how would you build Baby Groot as a character to be taken as an Ally? Doesn't Speak seems appropriate, as he cannot (or at least could not in the previous movie) say anything other than "I" "Am" and "Groot," exclusively in that order (although at the end he was able to modify it slightly, to "We are Groot"). However, Rocket seems to be able to understand what he's saying, so that might not be the case. Then again, that could just be their Special Rapport coming into play.
Old 05-11-2017, 12:16 PM   #4
Phantasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
Hell, I thought he meant "Baby Growth Formula" (implying such a thing is used in GotG2 to make Baby Groot grow up into his full-sized self from the first movie; I haven't seen the second one yet).

Randover, are you asking how would you build Baby Groot as a character to be taken as an Ally? Doesn't Speak seems appropriate, as he cannot (or at least could not in the previous movie) say anything other than "I" "Am" and "Groot," exclusively in that order (although at the end he was able to modify it slightly, to "We are Groot"). However, Rocket seems to be able to understand what he's saying, so that might not be the case. Then again, that could just be their Special Rapport coming into play.
In the comics, I'm pretty sure it was explained as anything Groot said being heard in human(oid) ears as "I am Groot" while what he actually says is on a sub/supersonic level that Rocket and a very few others can hear.

At least, that's how I had it explained to me a few years back just prior to the first movie when Tony Stark was joining the Guardians cast in the comics....

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is online now   Reply With Quote