Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-02-2009, 04:56 PM   #11
Kuroshima
MIB
Pyramid Contributor
Mad Spaniard Rules Lawyer

Location: The ASS of the world, mainly Valencia, Spain (Europe)
Default Re: GURPS Discworld

Well, the Spanish edition was released last month, so I must assume that the license is still current. Pratchett's health troubles are a rather sad but well known reality, and they might make such a project inviable, but I would love to have the equivalent of Changing Times for Discworld. Even without commenting on the newer books, it would be worth it, to me (and adding info on the ewer books would be just icing on the cake)
My stuff on e23
Kuroshima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:48 PM   #12
lachimba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroshima View Post
Well, the Spanish edition was released last month, so I must assume that the license is still current. Pratchett's health troubles are a rather sad but well known reality, and they might make such a project inviable, but I would love to have the equivalent of Changing Times for Discworld. Even without commenting on the newer books, it would be worth it, to me (and adding info on the ewer books would be just icing on the cake)
I have no idea what deal was negotiated between SJ games and Pratchett, but, Licenses in different languages and rights for different countries are not the same as an 'updated edition' which is really a completely different book.
lachimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 03:42 AM   #13
Phil Masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachimba View Post
I have no idea what deal was negotiated between SJ games and Pratchett, but, Licenses in different languages and rights for different countries are not the same as an 'updated edition' which is really a completely different book.
What he said, all round.

All else aside, a new edition or substantial update book would need Terry to review and approve it. That's asking for a chunk of his time which, taking a purely commercial view, could probably be more profitably spent writing more novels. A translation of an existing book is a lot less trouble for him - and any contracts are likely to reflect that.
My Self-Publications: On Warehouse 23 and On DriveThruRPG.
Phil Masters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 01:55 PM   #14
Kuroshima
MIB
Pyramid Contributor
Mad Spaniard Rules Lawyer

Location: The ASS of the world, mainly Valencia, Spain (Europe)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Masters View Post
What he said, all round.

All else aside, a new edition or substantial update book would need Terry to review and approve it. That's asking for a chunk of his time which, taking a purely commercial view, could probably be more profitably spent writing more novels. A translation of an existing book is a lot less trouble for him - and any contracts are likely to reflect that.
Oh well... Anyway, I bought my seccond copy of Discworld (the spanish one). Not only I'm a fan, but as long as my economy allows it, I'll buy every gurps book released in Spanish, even if I own the english version.
My stuff on e23
Kuroshima is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversions, discworld, settings, terry pratchett