Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 02-26-2016, 10:58 AM   #1
Pangolin

Default Enhancement: "Only Joy" ??

I was reading through some of the sample afflictions shown in GURPS Horror (4E) and came across the enhancement "Only Joy, -50%" for the Gaudivore affliction listed on p12.

What is this? I've dowsed around the web and on these forums but I haven't been able to find anything. How do you think this fits into the affliction's mechanics?
Pangolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 11:02 AM   #2
Bruno

Default Re: Enhancement: "Only Joy" ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
I was reading through some of the sample afflictions shown in GURPS Horror (4E) and came across the enhancement "Only Joy, -50%" for the Gaudivore affliction listed on p12.

What is this? I've dowsed around the web and on these forums but I haven't been able to find anything. How do you think this fits into the affliction's mechanics?
I would assume, like Obligate Metuvore, that you can only feed off of someone who has joy.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 06:32 PM   #3
Ulzgoroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Although I don't see how limiting your food supply is an Enhancement. Sure it sounds like but like 'Honest' or 'Truthful' are Disadvantages, this modifier sounds like more of a Limitation.
Given that it's -50%, I think that's already taken care of...
Old 02-26-2016, 06:58 PM   #4
Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Or wait... I guess it depends on perspective. When you feed on Joy do you suck out their joy so they're no longer happy?
The trait being referenced is made up of two linked parts - the Leech and the Affliction.
  • The Leech lets you feed on someone, but only someone with the good feels. It steals FP.
  • The Affliction leaves them with Killjoy, and if they critically fail or fail by 5, Chronic Depression 6-.
Because of the Link, these two are applied at the same time. So you feed off someone happy, heal yourself, and leave them tired and miserable.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
affliction, enhancement, gaudivore, leech, only joy