Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 01-12-2011, 04:42 PM   #1
JMWelch

Default Spirit-Animated Tuba of Charm

My friends and I play a blend of Munchkin, Munchkin Fu, Demented Dungeons, and Fairy Dust (no real rhyme or reason, that's just how the additions came to me). In one game, my Munchkinly opponent had the Tuba of Charm in play, and on his next turn drew the Spirit-Animated (I think that's the card title) card, which he then played on his Tuba of Charm.

We decided that this was entire legal, since the ToC is listed as a 2-hand item and Spirit-Animated simply requires an item that requires hands. We further ruled that, despite the ToC having no combat bonus in and of itself, the Spirit-Animated bonus of +2 now applied (since we couldn't come up with a compelling reason why it didn't).

So at the end of this turn, my worthy foe was bedecked with a Spirit-Animated Tuba of Charm that lent a +2 bonus to combat strength (presumably by being used as an oversized, levitating bludgeoning implement). He then added the ToC's bonus to his Elf bonus to give him +4 to run away (which I was glad to see supported by a separate thread earlier).

Not so much a request for arbitration, but wanted to share the odd circumstance. It sure tickled me.
JMWelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 05:05 PM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Spirit-Animated Tuba of Charm

As the card is worded, I'd support the notion that you could play Spirit-Animated on the Tuba Of Charm. Most Item Enhancers say they must go with an Item that gives a bonus.
MiB #1029

Last edited by MunchkinMan; 01-12-2011 at 05:12 PM.
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
munchkin, munchkin fu, run away, spirit animated, tuba of charm