Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-04-2010, 10:15 PM   #1
Humabout

Default Wards, Barriers, and Banishment

Hello everyone, I'm looking at how one would go about statting up a couple of powers. The first is a sort of ward or barrier that prevents a specific category of creatures, animals, or people from entering an area or approaching a specific person. The second banishes an extraplanar (in teh dnd sense) creature back to from whence it came.

For the first, I was thinking of a heavily modified Affliction with Disadvantage (Dread) and Limited, <enter category of creature here> Only. Affliction could then be modified with Extended Duration and Emanation (if it prevents creatures from approaching you) or Area Effect (classic "magic circle"). Permanancy might make a lasting "magic circle" perhaps. How does this sound? Is there a simpler way anyone knows?

For the second, I wanted to float the idea of using Affliction: Jumper (World) in the same way as Affliction: Warp - that is, to make the target of the affliction jump to another world. This could possibly be further modified to make it only the world the target originated from. Does this sound legit, if not RAW? is there a better way of doing it that I'm overlooking?

Free Stuff:
Dungeon Action!
Totem Spirits

My Blog: Above the Flatline.
Humabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 07:53 AM   #2
Humabout

Default Re: Wards, Barriers, and Banishment

Nevermind. Looks like Powers uses Affliction with Advantage, Jumper in the same way as Affliction with Advantage, Warp in the Teleportation power writeup. Also, I meant Jumper (Interplanar) rather than (World), although the principle remains the same.

I think I'm happy with these options, unless anyone has a different take on it.

Free Stuff:
Dungeon Action!
Totem Spirits

My Blog: Above the Flatline.
Humabout is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
affliction, banish, powers