Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-04-2011, 05:40 AM   #1
Shin Majin

Default Questions about psionic teleportation...

In GURPS Psionic Powers, I've noticed two oddities regarding teleportation, particularly the Autoteleport:

1. The table "Teleportation Modifiers" on page 68 has different (more lenient) modifiers for preparation time than those shown on page 98 of GURPS Basic Characters, yet I don't see where cost is affected by this change...what am I missing?

2. Autoteleport is listed as having the limitation, "Blind Only." I take this to mean that it can only be used as described in Basic's "Blind" enhancement. Does this mean that all Autoteleport rolls suffer the -5 penalty listed under the enhancement?
Shin Majin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 05:43 AM   #2
Sunrunners_Fire

Default Re: Questions about psionic teleportation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin Majin View Post
In GURPS Psionic Powers, I've noticed two oddities regarding teleportation, particularly the Autoteleport:

1. The table "Teleportation Modifiers" on page 68 has different (more lenient) modifiers for preparation time than those shown on page 98 of GURPS Basic Characters, yet I don't see where cost is affected by this change...what am I missing?

2. Autoteleport is listed as having the limitation, "Blind Only." I take this to mean that it can only be used as described in Basic's "Blind" enhancement. Does this mean that all Autoteleport rolls suffer the -5 penalty listed under the enhancement?
See: (Reliable 10, +50%) in the Autoteleport Statistics line. (Reliable 5) allows it to ignore the Blind Warp penalty. The remaining (Reliable 5) accounts for the reduced penalties.
Sunrunners_Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:20 AM   #3
Shin Majin

Default Re: Questions about psionic teleportation...

Heh heh...guess I missed that...killed both birds with the same stone, it seems.
Shin Majin is offline   Reply With Quote