Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 08-11-2018, 09:41 PM   #1
Mallen the dark

Default Warehouse 23 - ogre mini set 2

Is there any word about when mini set 2 will be available for orders.
Mallen the dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 09:02 AM   #2
TheAmishStig

Default Re: Warehouse 23 - ogre mini set 2

Last I knew, Set 2 will not be getting a standalone release. Instead, it'll be packaged with the Battle Box, which is Set 1, Set 2, a rulebook, and a poster-paper mapsheet.

If there are left-over "Player" or "Many Minis" kickstarter tiers once fulfillment and pre-orders are filled, they might also be put up on W23, but that's a big "if". SJG has been getting out of the habit of large over-prints of stuff like this, because of how much money they have to tie up in it versus how long it takes to get them out of the warehouse.
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/
TheAmishStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 10:13 AM   #3
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAmishStig View Post
If there are left-over "Player" or "Many Minis" kickstarter tiers once fulfillment and pre-orders are filled, they might also be put up on W23, but that's a big "if". SJG has been getting out of the habit of large over-prints of stuff like this, because of how much money they have to tie up in it versus how long it takes to get them out of the warehouse.
This is correct. I know there are _some_ extras of that bagged red/blue set, but I don't think we have hundreds. Dozens, maybe.

The inventory has not yet reached Austin. Once everything lands in our warehouse, then we'll do a final count and decide whether or not there's enough left to post for sale.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 06:54 PM   #4
sparky00

Please be assured I will whatever possible (within budget limits) to keep those W23 shelves clear of Set 2 minis.

Think I might need to clean out another Set 1 GITD.
sparky00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 08:24 PM   #5
Cat

This was a harsh and cruel Kickstarter with no pledge manager option to add-on later and stretch pledges across billing cycles, and I don't recall that it came with an up-front warning of pledge now or you'll never get another chance to change anything or buy sets of just Minis 2.

Last edited by Cat; 08-12-2018 at 08:35 PM.
Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 09:53 PM   #6
Mack_JB

Like all Kickstarters, I viewed this one as a potential "one and done" affair. But another one (or two) Battle Boxes seem to be calling my name. I mean, 1600 minis should be enough, but it feels like it isn't just the same.
Mack_JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 02:51 AM   #7
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat View Post
This was a harsh and cruel Kickstarter with no pledge manager option to add-on later and stretch pledges across billing cycles, and I don't recall that it came with an up-front warning of pledge now or you'll never get another chance to change anything or buy sets of just Minis 2.
We have learned that the Ogre projects are cleanest to manage _if_ we keep them simple. This project had zero add-on opportunities, which made it unnecessary for a pledge manager (those cost more money, eating away at the project's revenue).

By crafting the Ogre projects as "choose this reward, get these things, no add-ons," we can avoid the issue of having too much excess inventory. With Set 1 -- where we offered add-ons -- we found that we had to produce some of the add-on items even though there was little actual demand. We're looking to avoid that problem again.
Old 08-13-2018, 02:53 AM   #8
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_JB View Post
Like all Kickstarters, I viewed this one as a potential "one and done" affair. But another one (or two) Battle Boxes seem to be calling my name. I mean, 1600 minis should be enough, but it feels like it isn't just the same.
We may have a few Many Minis boxes to post on Warehouse 23 (a very few). If we do, we'll likely list those at the more realistic $150 instead of the ridiculous deal that was offered during the Kickstarter project.
Old 08-13-2018, 08:28 AM   #9
woodchuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_JB View Post
But the Mk VI and Dopp Kickstarter is forthcoming and we could have Combine sets some time soonish so you might want to save some cash for later.
Old 08-13-2018, 08:41 AM   #10
TheAmishStig

I've gotta agree with both of you (Phil and Cat)...not being able to buy a bunch of extra Fencers was a heartbreak, but I also understand why you guys did it...Backerkit is right around 5% off the top plus 5% of BK sales (BK's fee + Stripe's fee), the "whoops" moments during Set 1's fulfillment had to have cost a fortune, and wholesale distribution isn't much different from retail, you still have "shelves" & dead stock on them still kills.

That said, I was genuinely surprised to see the Many Minis box at under $100 per during the KS. When it was mentioned that the 'cost per set' had come down, I was figuring on them to be right around the price of the Armory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
[snip] at 2:53am
Don't you ever sleep?
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/

Last edited by TheAmishStig; 08-13-2018 at 09:48 AM.
TheAmishStig is offline   Reply With Quote