Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 02-13-2013, 06:14 PM   #1
Agemegos

Default It's 2013: what's your campaign

So we survived the Mayan apocalypse and have crawled out of our bunkers. Still no flying cars! What campaigns are you running and playing in?

I'm still stuck in the sticks, now with extra medical overheads. I'm not running or playing in anything. I have bought a small stack of board and card games with a view to finding or making some local gamers with an easy entry. And I'm starting another round of that struggle against Fate that is my experience of playing RPGs over the InterNet.
Agemegos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:22 PM   #2
Crakkerjakk
"Gimme 18 minutes . . ."

Default Re: It's 2013: what's your campaign

GMing three (!) games. Weekly online DF game using Pathfinder's Jade Regent adventure path, biweekly GURPS Deadlands game using The Flood plot point campaign, and biweekly GURPS game that is a Fallout/Terminator/Reign of Steel mashup.

Semper Fi
Crakkerjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:28 PM   #3
robkelk
Untitled

Still running an In Nomine game, currently focusing on the Ethereals, the Grigori, and the Lilim. Yes, all at once. It's amazing how much those three groups have in common, despite being on opposite sides of a three-sided conflict...

Also using FUDGE/Spirit of the Century to run a "super-teens at super-high-school" game when only some folks can make it to the game. This one's barely started.

Playing in a space-opera/space-fantasy game that's finally starting to wind up after three years of play. My character's the first astronaut and the last survivor of her race ... or so she thought - she's recently discovered that the "Eeeevul Empire" that destroyed her race took some prisoners before committing genocide. The team's currently in the system where these prisoners are being held, and my character's not-quite risking the mission in order to free at least some of her people.
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.

Last edited by robkelk; 02-13-2013 at 06:39 PM.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:37 PM   #4
tshiggins

Mark Skarr just started a GURPS post-apocalypse game that riffs on Earthdawn, and several members of the DenverGURPS Group make the arduous eastward trek to the barbaric wilds of Aurora to play in that one.

We've joined up with some of his other regulars, which brings the number of players to seven. That's not the largest group in which I've played, but it's up there. He's managing it nicely, though.

One of the other guys in the DG_G plans to restart his light and entertaining "Savage Worlds" Red Sands campaign. We halted it for a bit, during the Holidays. Lookin' forward to that, since I'll likely host it, which means I won't need to travel out to his place, in the western suburban cultural wastelands of Lakewood. :)
tshiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:39 PM   #5
whswhs

I'm running three campaigns:

Nowhere Fast is a mutant Laundry Files campaign, set in the world of Charles Stross's Laundry Files novels. Its primary tweak is that it assumes that there are people with low-end superpowers, and some of them have been recruited by DIGO (the Defence Imagery and Geospatial Organisation, an actually existing Australian government agency with the motto "See the unseen; know the unknown") in preparation for Case Nightmare Green.

Water Margin is a GURPS campaign, set in one of the worlds of Alternate Earths 2, the one where the Ming Dynasty conquered most of the world. It focuses on a group of swashbuckling-capable characters in Portsmouth, working for a wealthy British merchant whose sideline is smuggling in black market saltpeter from Bihar.

Worminghall is a GURPS campaign, in which I take my recently published setting Worminghall out for a test flight.

I'm playing in one campaign, which hasn't met for a couple of months:

Road to R'lyeh is a straight Call of Cthulhu campaign, set in Seattle not long after World War II, with player characters linked by their connections with a museum whose head has some . . . interesting connections.

Bill Stoddard
whswhs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:50 PM   #6
sjard
Stick in the Mud

Considering running a Savage Worlds Mars game.

Perhaps a home grown displaced persons fantasy game using GURPS.
MIB #1457
sjard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:11 PM   #7
DAT

GMing:
"The ShadowRifts" - A Dungeon Fantasy Mega-/Super Dungeon using GURPS.

"Monster M*A*S*H" - A Dungeon Fantasy reverse of "Vault of the Drow" , "Shrine of the Kuotoa", and "Descent Into the Depths" (characters start down in the Vault, and work their way up) using GURPS.

"The Blackwatch Legion" - A Dungeon Fantasy/Special Ops cross over run using GURPS. Group is currently doing a Direct Action assault against a slaver base.

"Dark Angel Investigations - Rebirth" - A Transhuman Space adventure set on Mars using GURPS 4e.

Playing in:
"The New Gods" - A Witchcraft/modern paranormal investigations adventure using UniSystem.

"Richmond Monster Hunters" - A Witchcraft/Monster Hunting adventure set in 1990's Richmond VA using UniSystem.

"Jade Regent" - The Pathfinder adventure path using Pathfinder.

-Dan
DAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:16 PM   #8
PK

GMing three campaigns:

GURPS Necroscope: An old favorite of mine. Woefully underfunded psionic spies in 1980s England opposing psychic freaks, Russian ESPionage agents, and the occasional monster. You can find the campaign logs at http://peekitty.livejournal.com/tag/necroscope

Nobilis: Four humans and a queen bee suddenly find themselves turned into demigods and catapulted into a universe that's weirder than they ever even imagined. You can find the campaign logs at http://peekitty.livejournal.com/tag/nobilis

Burn Notice (Fate Core): Disavowed spies, retired agents, and criminals form an unusual alliance in New Orleans, as they deal with ubiquitous corruption and dangerous gangs. Haven't started this one yet; it'll be my first experience with Fate, using the (still being playtested) Core edition.

And playing in two others, both run by Chris (one of the players in each of the games above):

GURPS Unnamed Post-Apocalyptic Game: A Neo-Catholic Bishop and his motley group of guides and bodyguards make their way through Nevada, 200 years after The End, slowly coming to realize that there's a greater conspiracy behind everything that's happening.

Exalted: Four Solars and a fanatically-Gold-Faction Sidereal form alliances within the Hislanti League, with the ultimate goal of eventually overthrowing the Jade Empire itself and returning the Solars to their rightful place as rulers of this land.

There've been a few one-shots and false starts as well, but the above are the "real" games.

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:31 PM   #9
Fred Brackin

Playing in two alternating Pathfinder games curently.

One si the Skull & Shacles Adventure Path where I'm a light-hearted sort of Gypsy Cleric who's really fond of knives.

The other is Carrion Crown and I'm an Elven Alchemist of dubious mental stability who's obsessed with exploive chemical mixtures and mind-expanding herbal concoctions.

The rest of the group might be even less reliable. The Lawful Good wing led by the Half-Orc Paladin and Cleric littermates, Goreon and Goreoff (yes, I'm to blame for suggesting "Goreoff")should be trustworthy in theory but I have low expectations.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:05 PM   #10
copeab

Still running my Weird WWII (GURPS 3e, started 2005). Currently on the longest day of the campaign, the Martian invasion of Earth.

Depending on how the mission ends (perhaps 2-3 sessions left), it might end the campaign, with the group picking up in the same setting fast-forwarded to 1962 (with new characters).

Whether it's 1962 or 1942, after the current arc ends, we will take a slight break with a Space 1889 adventure (find and rescue Tesla on Mars).

GURPS 3e stuff: http://copeab.tripod.com
copeab is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags