Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-17-2013, 10:39 PM   #91
tantric
Banned

Default Re: Krokodil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
It would be rather difficult for me to become addicted or even merely enjoy any illegal substance. I have no pleasant effects from opiates, and my anxiety makes any stimulant very painful. Even my experience with prescribed depressants have been troublesome.
What's left? Hallucinogens might be interesting, but my well known materialistic mindset wouldn't get much out of it.
Who needs willpower to stay clean, when you have unusual biochemistry? ;)
Huh? Psychedelics are like Disney Land in pill form. It is a drug for the neophile and the curious. When the Drug Patrol came to my 6th grade class to give us the lecture on evil drugs, that was the first I'd heard of LSD and knew right then that I just had to get some. It took a decade, but I did it. I'm pretty sure MDMA cured me from some post traumatic stress. It certainly helped. But most drug experiences don't go well. Some kind of licensed shaman you go to for guidance would be ideal. Why can't we have shrinks that dose you and guide your vision like every other culture in the world? Do you seriously think *Freud* is any better?
tantric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:06 PM   #92
Flyndaran
Untagged

I know that Ecstasy was being studied for social anxiety, before "The Man" reclassified it as having no medicinal use making it illegal for such research.
But I'm happy with the wonders my senses already provide. I don't want to trip live in a music video. But since many work through serotonin, I would risk serious hazards from my SSRI meds interacting.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:09 PM   #93
Verjigorm

Location: Charlotte, North Caroline, United States of America, Earth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
I know that Ecstasy was being studied for social anxiety, before "The Man" reclassified it as having no medicinal use making it illegal for such research.
But I'm happy with the wonders my senses already provide. I don't want to trip live in a music video. But since many work through serotonin, I would risk serious hazards from my SSRI meds interacting.
I highly recommend Mushrooms. i don't know how that would interact with your medications(i'm no doctor), but shrroms are pretty damn fun. they can be scary at times(I once had an issue with subjectivity and neutering cats, where I thought I was the cat getting neutered...), but on the other hand, they have some really great effects too. You *will* think outside the box.

Of course, i encourage experimentation with a lot of things, not just drugs, as a way of overcoming social anxiety.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:10 AM   #94
Flyndaran
Untagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verjigorm View Post
I highly recommend Mushrooms. i don't know how that would interact with your medications(i'm no doctor), but shrroms are pretty damn fun. they can be scary at times(I once had an issue with subjectivity and neutering cats, where I thought I was the cat getting neutered...), but on the other hand, they have some really great effects too. You *will* think outside the box.

Of course, i encourage experimentation with a lot of things, not just drugs, as a way of overcoming social anxiety.
I think this sideline should stop before locking. I'd bet that just as SJG doesn't condone copyright law breaking, they don't condone illegal drug use. But I hear what you say.

Tags
addiction