Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-04-2006, 11:57 PM   #11
Kale

Default Re: IW: links between Gotha Parallels

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie
But not all Alternate Earths have humans, see USL listing, pg 148-9. Let's expose those filthy lizards to zombieism : ).
Or introduce the zombies to a world full of fire elementals... @:-)
Kale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 02:24 AM   #12
Diogenes

Quote:
But not all Alternate Earths have humans, see USL listing, pg 148-9. Let's expose those filthy lizards to zombieism : ).
OK. I might have overlooked the USL and others of its kind, but the fact remains that on most world humans developed if there is a smart species at all, and almost all (including the USL of course) are alternate Versions of our own real home planet. We're human, after all, or are we? :)

Role-playing in Vienna: Athenaes Siegel (German)

Last edited by Diogenes; 03-05-2006 at 02:30 AM.
Diogenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 03:15 AM   #13
Pomphis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogenes
We're human, after all, or are we? :)
Depends on whom you mean with "we".
Pomphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 09:24 AM   #14
Ed the Coastie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogenes
OK. I might have overlooked the USL and others of its kind, but the fact remains that on most world humans developed if there is a smart species at all, and almost all (including the USL of course) are alternate Versions of our own real home planet. We're human, after all, or are we? :)
I'd find it kind of hard to find parallels between civilization on Jumbo and Homeline...a world of sapient elephants (Baber notwithstanding) with a society based upon herd mentality is downright strange from a human point of view.

And the thought of a zombie plague loose on Jumbo is just too scary...
Old 03-05-2006, 09:36 AM   #15
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed the Coastie
And the thought of a zombie plague loose on Jumbo is just too scary...
What about zombie fire elementals?

"Begging your pardon, sir, but what IS a zombie fire elemental?"
"That's 'Begging my QUESTION'!" <smugly>
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 10:15 AM   #16
calgodot

Default The *Really* Evil Centrum

The reigning theory at Homeline is that a civilization much more paranoid and malignant than Centrum - and also in possession of parachronic technology - released the Gotha Virus into the world-stream. Their presumed goal in deliberately infecting worlds is an attempt to ensure parachronic science never develops elsewhere. Both Homeline and Centrum, hoping to avoid their own infections and develop an anti-virus, are working dilgiently to find this parallel world. There are a few at Homeline who suspect Centrum to be secretly behind the whole thing.

Some say the virus is an artifact of parachronic travel itself, that human DNA cannot survive multiple jumps and begins to mutate after repeated exposure to parachronic energy. Scientists for Infinity Unlimited dispute this claim and point to their own non-mutated veterans as living examples of the safety of parachronic travel.

Recently Homeline investigated the possibility that a group of neo-Luddites opposed to parachronic technology may have created and released the virus into the world-stream. These opponents to progress were found to have little ability to concoct such a scheme, and have since been re-educated to the wonders of parachronic travel.

Infinity Unlimited assures everyone that parachronic technology and travel is safer than everyday travel. "There are more hovercar accidents on the 405 expressway in one day than there have been jump accidents in the entire history of parachronics."

Spokespersons for Centrum said, "We will bury you."
calgodot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 11:33 AM   #17
LoneWolf23k

I'm kinda partial to the paranormal attack explanation, especially favoring the Cabal.. Perhaps a faction of Serpent Lords has decided to put humanity back in it's "proper" place as animals, and created the Gotha Virus for that purpose, using Thoth portals to scatter it across the multiverse..
LoneWolf23k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 10:09 PM   #18
eddie

Location: Ayden, North Carolina, USA, North America, planet Earth, Sol system, Milky Way, the Universe

Quote:
I'd find it kind of hard to find parallels between civilization on Jumbo and Homeline...a world of sapient elephants (Baber notwithstanding) with a society based upon herd mentality is downright strange from a human point of view.
Sounds mildly interesting, where is Jumbo referenced (I must have missed it), or is it a homebrew world.

- Eddie
eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 11:17 PM   #19
Ed the Coastie

Quote:
Sounds mildly interesting, where is Jumbo referenced (I must have missed it), or is it a homebrew world.
It's referenced in Pyramid #15 "More Timelines for GURPS Time Travel" under the entry for Pogo.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:45 PM   #20
eddie

Location: Ayden, North Carolina, USA, North America, planet Earth, Sol system, Milky Way, the Universe

Quote:
It's referenced in Pyramid #15 "More Timelines for GURPS Time Travel" under the entry for Pogo.
Thanks for the info, I'll have to check it out.

- Eddie
eddie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
infinite worlds