Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 02-03-2010, 01:23 PM   #31
shawnhcorey

Default Re: [IC] You Meet In A Tavern

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglorax View Post
Slade is watching closely for mundane cheating (Gambling skill 11), but doesn't expect to see any. He touches each of the dice as he selects two to roll.
Smet reluctantly matches your bet. "Cheap bastard," you hear him mumble.

They all have the same uncanny feeling but by the time you finish handling them all, you think they are made from bone...human bone.

Quote:
Also, I'm assuming Slade actually knows the rules of this game.
[OOC]It's craps.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:30 PM   #32
shawnhcorey

Quote:
Originally Posted by yufra View Post
Janus raises an eye at the caravan master's words. He is always on the lookout for new material, and an epic voyage is really a must to get a comfortable job with some lord. Trying not to let the moment pass he raises his voice above the crowd and calls out to the caravan master: "Pray tell, good sir, are there truly orcs in these parts? And what is this fort you speak of?"
A local speaks up, "Aye, the mountains are lousy with orcs. Where are you from that you don't know this."

Another says, "There are so many of them no-one dares use the High Pass anymore."

A guard says, "The old king built the forts in my grandfather's time. They were abandon when his son took the throne."

"Shh," says another. "Don't be bad mouthing the King. He has spies everywhere."
Old 02-03-2010, 01:33 PM   #33
shawnhcorey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesterfield View Post
"Yes, tell us more. Would you be offering a contract to retrieve the engineer?"
"Nay," he says. He looks you over. "You look like a fighting man. Maybe you can do something about these orcs?"
Old 02-03-2010, 03:11 PM   #34
Pesterfield

Corwin rose from his meal and went over to the caravan master. "Corwin Bearclaw at your service, mercenary currently seeking a contract. If you would be offering a job it seems I might not have to seek that far."
Pesterfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 03:14 PM   #35
yufra

Janus tells the first local that as a traveling bard he, well, travels. He is able to make this sound companionable instead of insulting, though. He then moves closer to the caravan master and addresses him: "So you think this Joe fellow knows about this fort then? How far away is this Isolated Mountain, and how would one get there?"

Janus then moves over to Bob: "Well good fellow, I am sure the raid wasn't your fault. What was your impression of the orcs?"
yufra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:18 PM   #36
shawnhcorey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesterfield View Post
Corwin rose from his meal and went over to the caravan master. "Corwin Bearclaw at your service, mercenary currently seeking a contract. If you would be offering a job it seems I might not have to seek that far."
He looks at you thoughtfully and says, "I can't afford to take you on, not with my losses. But if you destroy the orcs, you can have the goods they stole. It will be worth it to get rid of them. Yes...yes, that's the best I can do."
Old 02-03-2010, 07:27 PM   #37
shawnhcorey

Quote:
Originally Posted by yufra View Post
Janus then moves over to Bob: "Well good fellow, I am sure the raid wasn't your fault. What was your impression of the orcs?"
"Aye, you're right, 't'wasn't my fault. Orcs don't fight like that. Somebody's behind them; somebody a lot meaner. Leading orcs is like herding cats, you have to be red-eyed mean and willing to spill guts to cower them enough to follow orders. Whoever's behind them is mean. And powerful, powerful enough so they are more afraid of him than dying. Orcs be easily enough to deal with but him...he's goin'a take some tough fighting."
Old 02-03-2010, 07:41 PM   #38
Pesterfield

"What can you tell me about the orcs? How many archers, how good were their weapons and armor, what were you transporting?"

ooc: Area Knowledge rolled 11 Where are the Old Fort and Isolated Mountain in relation to where we are?
Pesterfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 05:19 AM   #39
Cyratos

Quote:
Slade is still hoping the wizard will come over to help spot any magical trickery, but in the meantime he glances at the empty place where his coin was.

"Looks like my luck's not great... I'll play again, but for a dime this time." He reaches down to his pack -- which is sitting against the wall -- with both hands. He keeps his left hand out of sight, but holding a hatchet at the ready. His right hand comes back up and he places a dime on the table.

Slade is watching closely for mundane cheating (Gambling skill 11), but doesn't expect to see any. He touches each of the dice as he selects two to roll.

OOC: Slade is hoping Gidhean Faerix will come over to check for magical cheats -- the axe is in case Smet takes especially badly to being called out.

Also, I'm assuming Slade actually knows the rules of this game.
Although not a fan of gambling himself, he nods Corwin and says: "See you later, friend."

He approaches the gambling table, asking his companion on demonic on the way: "Read the dwarf, just in case, and report back to me."

Gidhean gets to Slade. "I presume you have summoned me, sir."
Cyratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 05:53 AM   #40
Dorin Thorha

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnhcorey View Post
"Stew: rabbit, perhaps some lamb, with cabbage and turnip. Bread's extra."
"I'll take one!" Drogo pulls out a $1 coin and spins it in the air. He catches it and hands it to the barkeeper.

[ooc] Slight of hand roll 10 out of 12+3 for dim light. The barkeep may or may not notice that the coin he was handed is actually a dime.

Tags
dungeon, fantasy, magic, play by post, rpg