Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 06-02-2017, 07:41 PM   #1
NightHawk

Default Trouble with Custome Advantage

I created the following custom advantage.. works fine.

Code:
Create Electricity, 10/20,mods(Create),page(P92),skillused(ST:IQ), cat(Super,Abilities,User Items)
But..... When i add it to a new ability i am creating:

Code:
 my new Ability, 0, displaycost(192), page(SU44),owns(yes), hides(yes), adds(_	
	AD:Create Electricity =12 with "Super, -10%, group(Power Modifier)" and "Aura, +80%" and "Elemental: Electricity, -10%"_
	), cat(Super,Abilities)
When i add it in GCA it shows my new abiity with the new advantage twice, once childed to the ability and once outside it unattached? this hasn't happen on other ones I created any thoughts on how to have it only show once like the others do?

Rules are like guidlines and are viewed differently depending on which side you are standing on!
NightHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 08:15 PM   #2
Armin
GCA Prime

Default Re: Trouble with Custome Advantage

On first look, nothing jumps out at me as a problem, so I don't know why you'd see that behavior. I'll try to take a closer look this weekend, unlesss someone else sees something.
Old 06-02-2017, 09:27 PM   #3
Armin
GCA Prime

Do you have *both* Show > Show Components and Show > Show Hidden Items turned on?

If so, what you're seeing is a result of that. Components are parts of template or metatrait items, which your "my new Ability" trait is, since it uses adds(). But they're also hidden items, so they aren't normally displayed.

If you have both those things turned on, you'll see doubles like this. It's still just one item, not two, as you'll probably see if you delete the 'extra' one, which should cause them both to go away.

If you're showing all your powers in the same list, such as showing them all in the Advantages list, you probably should just leave off the Show Hidden Items setting to avoid seeing these doubles.
Old 06-02-2017, 09:42 PM   #4
NightHawk

I do have them both on ... i think that this one just shows while the others don't and i couldn't figure out why just this one does.

Rules are like guidlines and are viewed differently depending on which side you are standing on!
NightHawk is offline   Reply With Quote