Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 01-25-2019, 08:38 AM   #21
Cat

Default Re: Cat's M2 Map Rules

Ran a several games with these rules at Arisia, and am very happy with them for what I'm looking for. The slow movement through the mountains is a deterrent to committing lots of tracked vehicles there where their movement is reduced to 1 hex, especially if there is a time limit for scenario victory.

For the grading rules, I'll change the success number for Heavy Construction Vehicles to 5–6, combat engineers remain at 6 and can do it on their own or support an HCV. This will reduce the frustration of repeated failed rolls.

For optional heavy infantry types, I'll drop it to just the Infantry Missile Teams for simplicity of choices. In scenarios on various boards, players chose those instead of Gun Teams. One Heavy type will do, and players' choice wins. They played nicely.

Edited the OP to show these changes.

Last edited by Cat; 01-25-2019 at 08:45 AM.
Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 08:51 AM   #22
Cat

Default Re: Cat's M2 Map Rules

For the playtest scenarios this week at TotalCon, I'm adding two more infantry types to the mix; both of which will be handy for the Alpine Command Post scenario in testing, and beyond as regular house-rule options.

Jump Infantry (mentioned in a much older thread here on infantry options):
Move 2-1, +2VP; cost 1 movement point to enter any hex, may cross impassable hex sides at a cost of +1MP.

Cyborgs: +1VP; may ride Ogres. In the first run of Alpine Command Post, I had allowed attacker's infantry to ride on their Ogre since that is a feature the rules allow by scenario. That worked pretty well, so giving infantry an upgrade cost will bring the flexibility into other scenarios and allow players to choose if they want to pay for it.