Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 04-17-2011, 08:35 AM   #1
Iceclaw

Default Munchkin Reloaded-Deck Balance

Picked up a copy for my birthday!

From the Rules: "(Those of you who are playing with a very full deck may want to mix in two or even three copies of this booster . . .)"
2 Questions: What qualifies as 'very full deck' that you'd get and put the entire booster in more than once? Clearly its more than the standard base +1..

I assume that's 'entire booster' you'd put in anyway..

Currently have M1-7(CWBH), Reloaded!, Munchkinomicon, FD, Zombies.

Also? Any way of getting in touch with a local MIB to see about getting a Zombie Santa? to go with what I suspect will be my next purchase (WFS,SR) That's the only real trouble with purchasing from my FLGS, missing out on this stuff, which makes blending so entertaining!

Last edited by Iceclaw; 04-17-2011 at 08:38 AM.
Iceclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 09:05 AM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Munchkin Reloaded-Deck Balance

With Munchkin 1-5, you might consider a second Reloaded!. I've not done this, however, and tested it out, so take that for what it's worth.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:58 PM   #3
SmokeRulz

Default Re: Munchkin Reloaded-Deck Balance

I'm considering getting another Reloaded booster, because I have every colored Fantasy card aside from 3 promos, so my Door deck is pretty big. If you have Munchkin 1-5, you have 7 of each Race & 6 of each Class. Marked for Death adds an 8th Elf and 7th Warrior, unless you choose to leave those out. Reloaded only gives you 3 of each enhancer, and further expansions & boosters dilute the door deck even more. So it would definitely be worth getting another Reloaded booster.

The one thing that concerned me was having 8 copies of Reloaded Die in the deck, but I found that there's a total of 8 Loaded Dies in Fantasy if you have every expansion. So perhaps having 8 Reloaded is only fair. ;) Although by my estimation, Reloaded Die is far more abusable. I suppose with playtesting, if Reloaded Die became too much of a problem, you could just reduce the number back down to 4 or so.
Apocalypse: 1-2, supplements
Legends: 1
SmokeRulz is offline   Reply With Quote