Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Old 06-16-2015, 11:26 AM   #1
SupaBossGuy

Default Munchkin Panic! Hit cards

So me and my family just picked up munchkin panic! But we are having problems with the rules for hit cards some think its fine to use cards on another players turn without agreeing to anything while others say you can't. Is it possible to use hit cards on another players turn even if they don't ask you to and if so how many can we use?

Last edited by SupaBossGuy; 06-16-2015 at 11:35 AM.
SupaBossGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 11:37 AM   #2
Lockey

Default Munchkin Panic please help clarify

Someone please clarify this for me. Are you allowed to attack when it is not your turn in the "play cards, negotiate, and get trophies" phase? The way I understand it is you can but the person who's turn it is will get the trophy/treasure. Also are you allowed to give help such as hit cards or weapon cards without being asked for help on another person's turn. I understand the 1 card for 1 trade but can people just help if they want to or even without asking them to.
Lockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 11:40 AM   #3
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: Munchkin Panic! Hit cards

Merged these threads because they're essentially the same question.

If you're looking for an official answer, we'll have to wait for the folks from Fireside Games to weigh in. However, anyone is welcome to answer the questions in the meantime. (I am not, because I don't have a copy of Munchkin Panic handy.)

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 11:52 AM   #4
SupaBossGuy

Thanks =D can't wait for a response munchkin panic seemed pretty fun before we got confused.
SupaBossGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 12:11 PM   #5
Devin Lewis
Munchkin Associate Dev

The way I was taught to play, and what I understand from the rules is that only one player may assist you on your turn.

If the help would kill a monster, you negotiate on who gets the treasure and who gets the trophy.

If the player plays a hit card, the helper may play a weapon card. This is the only way for a helper to play a weapon card.

If the helper plays a hit card, the player may play a weapon card if they so choose.

The helper can play a hit card on a monster that the player did not.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:29 PM   #6
Lockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin Lewis View Post
The way I was taught to play, and what I understand from the rules is that only one player may assist you on your turn.

If the help would kill a monster, you negotiate on who gets the treasure and who gets the trophy.

If the player plays a hit card, the helper may play a weapon card. This is the only way for a helper to play a weapon card.

If the helper plays a hit card, the player may play a weapon card if they so choose.

The helper can play a hit card on a monster that the player did not.
My only problem with this response is if you look at the official FAQ http://www.firesidegames.com/munchkinpanicfaq.html a question is answered about enraging a monster. The FAQ states that you are allowed to slay the enhanced monster out of turn after the original player is finished attacking. However nowhere on this card does it say you can do that which is why I assume you can attack out of turn but in this case you get the loot because that is what the card says.
Old 06-16-2015, 01:47 PM   #7
AMDW

Hey, guys. This is Anne-Marie from Fireside Games and designer of Munchkin Panic. The rule is that you can negotiate with one other player to play one card during the Play Cards, Negotiate, and Get Trophies phase of your turn. Other players can't play cards willy nilly on your turn. You have to accept a negotiated card.

The terms you negotiate are limited by your imagination. The negotiation is commonly about who gets the Treasure and who gets the Trophy, but it can be about who does the dishes or anything of value to you. If you fail to establish terms, the resulting Trophy and Treasure go to the person whose turn it is currently.

The player you chose to negotiate with may play any card that works for the situation on the board. However, if he/she plays a weapon, you (the current player) must play a hit card with it. If he/she plays a hit card, you can play a weapon to go with it, but you don't have to.

There are 4 exceptions that come to mind. 1) The Gazebo must be fought alone. No negotiating for help with that Monster at all. 2) If you draw the Curse Token from the bag that reads, "Lose help on your next turn," you cannot negotiate for help on your next turn. 3) If you are playing as the Elf (using the More Munchkin Mini-Expansion), you draw an extra Treasure card whenever you win the negotiation to help someone. That is in addition to any terms you negotiated for. 4) If you play Enraged Monster Enhancer (using the More Munchkin Mini-Expansion), you can attempt to slay the Monster under attack. This is part of playing that card. It essentially allows you to try to slay one specific Monster out of the usual turn order and without consent from the other player or having to negotiate terms. If you successfully defeat the Monster, you get the Trophy and the Treasure.

This is probably more information than anyone wanted to know, but I thought I would try to cover all of the angles. The basic rule is that you can negotiate with one other player for one card on your turn. If I didn't cover something, I'm happy to address that for you as well. Happy Monster slaying! :)
AMDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 01:55 PM   #8
Lockey

Thanks that sorts it all out.
Old 06-26-2015, 01:07 AM   #9
Magicheide

I need a like button for Ann Marie's answer!

Tags
munchkin panic