Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 06-29-2013, 05:53 AM   #1
Muse23PT

Default Munchkin Zombies related questions

Hello all,

to start let me just say I've only been introduced to Munchkin 2 or 3 weeks ago and I was instantly hooked, can't believe I didn't knew about this earlier...

Already bought Munchkin Zombies + Zombies 2 and received them yesterday, and bought Munchkin Deluxe and Munchkin Legends and should receive them in mid to late July...

That being said you already know that I'm very new to the game so when playing many questions and doubts are presented to us...

Last night I got a group of 4 to play the newly arrived Zombies games and these are some questions that I would like your help with:

1- UNDEAD RINGER card

Pretty straight forward, our doubt is what is meant by Level, is it just the Level your in, 1 to 9, or the Level in combat, the level we are in plus all the items and enhancers?

We played this to duplicate the "Combat Level" but I think we did it wrong and only should have duplicated the "normal" Level

2- How to use Power Ranks - We can equip any number of Powers as long as that the combined Power Rank is not bigger than the Level we're in.

Our question here is linked to previous question, is this the 1 to 9 Level or the combined Level with all the items etc?

I think that once again it's the "normal" Level and not the combined one

3- ROB ZOMBIE card (Zombies 2 expansion)

Is this card usable only once and then discarded?
It doesn't say anything about that on the card but we assumed it was liked that because it would just be a too powerful card if we could just use it over and over again.

When can this card be played?
Only on your turn? Can it be played during another player combat to steal any card he's using? Does it have to be played immediately when drawn face-up? and what about Face-Down?

For me it would make sense that this is a one time usable card that can be played at any time (doens't have to be played when drawn) except when another player enters a combat

4- BRAINS ENOUGH FOR TWO

can this level be the winning one?

I think so because this comes from a victory in combat, but since the card doesn't explicitly say that I'm not sure

For now these are the questions, I'm sure more will rise when we play more but I could use your clarifications for these

Thanks in advance for your help :)
Munchkin Legends

Last edited by Muse23PT; 06-29-2013 at 08:48 AM. Reason: removed card text
Muse23PT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:43 AM   #2
Mister Ed

Default Re: Munchkin Zombies related questions

Your first two questions can be answered by defining terminology. "Level" is ALWAYS simply the Level a Munchkin is at. When referring to a Monster, it is the Level printed on the Monster card (there are a VERY few instances when a Monster's actual Level is changed, but that's beyond the scope of 101, and made explicit by the cards involved).

The other term is not Combat Level, but Combat Strength. That's the total of your Level plus all bonuses/penalties, or a Monster's printed Level plus all bonuses/penalties.

So in the specific cases you reference:

1. Your bonus is equal only to your Level, not your total Combat Strength.

2. Your ranks of Powers are limited by your Level, not your Combat Strength.
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:02 AM   #3
Donovan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muse23PT View Post

4- BRAINS ENOUGH FOR TWO - CARD TEXT REMOVED.

can this level be the winning one?

I think so because this comes from a victory in combat, but since the card doesn't explicitly say that I'm not sure

For now these are the questions, I'm sure more will rise when we play more but I could use your clarifications for these

Thanks in advance for your help :)
From reading this thread, it looks like a helper could win with Branes enough for two

Last edited by Andrew Hackard; 06-29-2013 at 08:39 AM.
Donovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:44 AM   #4
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Please remember that forum rules explicitly prohibit posting card text.

Rob Zombie is a Door card, not a Treasure. Except for cards such as Mojos and Powers, the assumption is that Door cards get discarded once used. That's why it doesn't explicitly say so. However, I'm going to say explicitly here that you can use Rob Zombie once, and then you discard it.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:47 AM   #5
Muse23PT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
Please remember that forum rules explicitly prohibit posting card text.

Rob Zombie is a Door card, not a Treasure. Except for cards such as Mojos and Powers, the assumption is that Door cards get discarded once used. That's why it doesn't explicitly say so. However, I'm going to say explicitly here that you can use Rob Zombie once, and then you discard it.
Thanks for the help... and sorry for the text... will edit that out
Munchkin Legends
Muse23PT is offline   Reply With Quote