Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-16-2016, 09:49 AM   #1
lord buss

Default reversed DR rarity limitation modifier

in basic set, page 46, there is a box about limitating defence (or regeneration, etc.) against specific danger. only vs fire, or silver weapon.
the question is, what should be the price of reversed limitation?
what will be the modifier of vs everything but silver weapons?
the modifier of the troll regenaration in df 3 is "Not vs. Fire or Acid, -20%", but i didn't found rules about it anywhere else.
someone knows where i can find them?

p.s. is there a rule against multiple threads posted?
can i post 6 (different) threads a day?
Mild phobia: complex gurps rules [-1]

Last edited by lord buss; 09-16-2016 at 11:24 AM. Reason: "e" in different
lord buss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 10:12 AM   #2
David Johnston2

Default Re: reversed DR rarity limitation modifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord buss View Post
in basic set, page 46, there is a box about limitating defence (or regeneration, etc.) against specific danger. only vs fire, or silver weapon.
the question is, what should be the price of reversed limitation?
what will be the modifier of vs everything but silver weapons?
-80% usually since weapons that are not silver are extremely common. That's the key however. Understand that DR that only works against silver is actually "DR that doesn't work against things that aren't silver."
David Johnston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 10:20 AM   #3
johndallman
Night Watchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord buss View Post
p.s. is there a rule against multiple threads posted?
No, there isn't.
Quote:
can i post 6 (diffrent) threads a day?
That might be excessive. Paying off some of your linguistic quirks would make them easier to answer.
johndallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 10:30 AM   #4
Varyon

Horror has the Bane Limitation, which is for exactly this. Personally, I feel that gives too little of a discount on DR (the values are probably about right for Regeneration), but then I often feel that the "Only vs X" Limitations also give too little of a discount.

As for posting multiple threads, I'm unaware of any rules specifically against that, but note that you're more likely to get a decent answer and later discussion if you limit yourself to one or fewer a day. Do note that if your questions are related, it's much more appropriate to handle them in a single thread.
Varyon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 11:58 AM   #5
lord buss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
Horror has the Bane Limitation, which is for exactly this. Personally, I feel that gives too little of a discount on DR (the values are probably about right for Regeneration), but then I often feel that the "Only vs X" Limitations also give too little of a discount.

As for posting multiple threads, I'm unaware of any rules specifically against that, but note that you're more likely to get a decent answer and later discussion if you limit yourself to one or fewer a day. Do note that if your questions are related, it's much more appropriate to handle them in a single thread.
i didn't knew about it. thank you very match.

and the thing with multiplay threads is, that i seen many situations where people didn't bother to read the thread and answer the questions, because there are already many pages in the conversation, and probably someone already answerd them. that's why i prefer to ask one question per thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
That might be excessive. Paying off some of your linguistic quirks would make them easier to answer.
first of all, there is only one linguistic quirk. and the problem with capital letters is not that i don't know where to write them, or don't want to. that's my mental problem(one of them) - i just can't. that's why i can't just "pay them off". and sometimes there are capital letters, because i copy the word from somewhere else.
with the apostrophes, it's not "i don't use them", but rather "i often forget them, and sometimes don't know where i need to write them",(i just didn't had enough space in the signature to write this). but im trying, and there are 12 of them in this reply!

and the language is just a matter of 400 more hours until i get two more character points in literacy. :)
Mild phobia: complex gurps rules [-1]

Last edited by lord buss; 09-16-2016 at 12:01 PM.
lord buss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
damage resistance, help me out there, modifer, powers