Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 03-11-2017, 08:56 AM   #1
collinc

Default My Munchkin Collection

Someone on reddit told me to post my collection there. I did, but I figured since I took the time to take pictures and stuff I should post it here too. I'd also be interested in seeing the collections of other people here.

http://imgur.com/a/K9aoR
collinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 04:51 AM   #2
ThisisDog

Default Re: My Munchkin Collection

That's cool, with a lot of Munchkin collections you get the same stuff, it's just the nature of it, but you've got a lot of things like the bobble head and bag that I'll likely never see, and the chopsticks that I've never even heard of.

I've got all the Base sets and expansions apart from the ones in my signature, my Fu is GAE, my Pathfinder, Star and Steampunk are Deluxe, and I've got everything booster bar Dragons 4 more, Judge Dredd, Valentine's and I think that's it, plus all three Funkos, the Legends and Zombies pawns, the book, the two colouring books, the level playing field and a bunch of the Dice sets, but I've only been collecting for just under 2 years so a lot of things are either out of print or cost a small fortune to get here in the UK.
Old 03-26-2017, 12:02 PM   #3
CMUCrayola

I started a small collection a while ago, and recently decided to start expanding my collection. Right now I have Munchkin, Legends, Cthulhu, Axe Cop, Marvel, Pathfinder, Super Munchkin, Munchkin Impossible, Munchkin Bites, Munchkin Fu, X-Men, Sketch, Marvel 3, Christmas Lite, Munchkin 7, Munchkin 6, Princesses, Dice Reloaded, Easter Eggs, Gobsmacked, Monster Enhancers, Hipsters, Sparkly Good Fairy, and Munchkinomicon.

Now, my question is what are some things to do with my collection? I like appreciating my cards, but I find that I don't really play with more than a few sets at a time. What are your guys' thoughts on putting your collections to use?
CMUCrayola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 04:35 PM   #4
Anh-Dalan

for me the question would be if you find more satisfaction in playing with your sets or are you happy with just having them?
A collector would find it enthralling to posess certain themed items (like "everything that has Munchkin on its name" or "anything to do with Munchkin Pathfinder". He would not necessarily use those items and his main goal would be to gather a most complete assortment of the desired theme items.
A player would see to it that he has those items he finds suitable for playing a decent round with his co-players and spice it up from time to time by varying and/or combining decks and expansions.

You would have to decide for yourself which type you are (more). Boundaries are blurring.
Anh-Dalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 05:15 PM   #5
collinc

So there's the idea of what I wanted to do with my collection, and that's a bit different than what my collection has become. When I first started out I just thought munchkin was a fun game to play with friends. I got munchkin deluxe from a Christmas swap thing. I had played it before but didn't have my own set. Started playing it regularly with my neighbors. Got a few small things to help me win, like the slap bracelet and the dice bag. I started getting more things and I realized it wasn't really fair to play with all the stuff I had against people without any stuff.

Then I started getting this idea of playing with other people who had a bunch of stuff. I pictured playing a ridiculous game where multiple people are pulling out tons bookmarks and wearing shirts and slap bracelets and stuff. I thought it would be an incredibly fun game to play like that. Unfortunately three years since I started collecting, I have moved to an area I don't know anyone and have no one to play with. So I essentially don't play anymore but I'm still collecting.

Maybe one day I'll play that absurd game. For now I guess I just collect it. Try to get stuff that is considered rare or hard to find. Buy things new that I think might be rare or hard to find later.

My son is almost 1. Maybe one day I'll be able to share some of it with him.
Old 03-27-2017, 12:07 PM   #6
CaptainChwelve

That 2010 Holiday edition... what's in it?
CaptainChwelve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 12:49 PM   #7
collinc

http://www.worldofmunchkin.com/holidayedition/

I haven't opened it. Got it this holiday season when they were doing the random grab boxes. Traded my extra copy of Conan Munchkin and a bunch of other extra promos I had for it to someone who didn't care about stuff being rare or out of print.

Anything that I consider a duplicate doesn't get opened. For example I already have Munchkin Apocalypse, so my GAE is unopened.
Old 03-27-2017, 01:02 PM   #8
ColBosch

Hmm. There's also a Holiday edition that includes a Christmas card, red and green coins, and a bookmark.
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 01:08 PM   #9
collinc

Interesting, looks like you're right. I didn't realize. Mine has the red and green coins and bookmark.