Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-16-2011, 09:04 PM   #11
robertsconley

Default Re: GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 13: Loadouts

Just got and it and looks very useful. I liked a good equipment list, but always hated trying to put together my initial list to buy. This does the trick for GURPS.

Thanks
robertsconley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 04:53 AM   #12
The Wrathchild

Location: A nice, warm rock with an excellent view of the Damned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turhan's Bey Company View Post
... Perhaps I should have given it a bonus against scimitar-armed opponents.
Mr. Riggsby - you have just saved an otherwise miserably rainy last-day-of-way-too-short-vacation day completely. My many thanks :-D.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:25 AM   #13
Mateus

Only to make up my mind. Does this suplement looks good enought as a tool to introduce new players to GURPS when using DF?

Last edited by Mateus; 07-18-2011 at 07:31 AM.
Mateus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:41 AM   #14
Bruno

Yes. Players who are naturally detail oriented can always go shopping, but most people get overwhelmed by the requirement the first time they play - it brings the "artificial reduction of choice" element of templates to equipment in the same non-prescriptive way. Helps quite a bit.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:43 AM   #15
Mateus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
Yes. Players who are naturally detail oriented can always go shopping, but most people get overwhelmed by the requirement the first time they play - it brings the "artificial reduction of choice" element of templates to equipment in the same non-prescriptive way. Helps quite a bit.
Ok. Thanks Bruno.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:08 AM   #16
Anders

Bought it! I can always eat some other day. The armor is just one part - there's enough useful stuff elsewhere in the book.
Old 05-18-2014, 05:10 AM   #17
scc

I've just noticed a problem with this, the loadouts normally present the SM+0 data as the default with values for -6 to +1 provided in the body, the switch to using SM+1 for the Barbarian threw me for a bit when I noticed it, but once I thought about it, it made sense.

What doesn't make sense is why the Barbarian loadouts still go down to SM-6, but don't go up the SM+2
scc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 06:52 AM   #18
SCAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by scc View Post
I've just noticed a problem with this, the loadouts normally present the SM+0 data as the default with values for -6 to +1 provided in the body, the switch to using SM+1 for the Barbarian threw me for a bit when I noticed it, but once I thought about it, it made sense.

What doesn't make sense is why the Barbarian loadouts still go down to SM-6, but don't go up the SM+2
I think the Alternate SM's list the Racial SM's, so -6 for a Pixie, -4 for a Leprechaun, -2 for a Halfling and -1 for a Gnome. The SM+1 on the other templates is for the Ogre.

The text for the Barbarian Loadouts assumes the SM+1, and the Alternate SMs lists stats for fighters of other sizes (including Knights and Holy Warriors who would be SM 0) "who want to use barbarian style equipment".. - so the SM+0 listing is for the Loadouts at that size, instead of SM+1.

Reading the text for Ogres in DF3, and the example on Overlap on DF3.p4 (for an Ogre Barbarian) - I'd say that an Ogre Barbarian is SM+1, not SM+2.
SCAR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dungeon fantasy, loadouts