Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 08-20-2013, 02:23 PM   #1
cl525

Default Undead Monster.

Hello all Muchkins,

I may possibly be the newest Munchkin player, as I've never actually played. I own the game (the very first one, I believe) and before trying to struggle to play a new game, I prefer to spend days (yes, days) reading the rules, studying the cards so at least I have a clue how to somewhat explain the game before trying to teach it or explain it to any friends I'd be playing with.

With that said, I do have a few questions and trust me, I've flipped through the cards like crazy and can't figure this out....it may be stupid.

What exactly is an undead monster? I'm assuming it means a monster with a human physique, but I'm not certain. It says some monsters are tagged as undead but I just can't seem to figure it out. Any help is appreciated!!!
cl525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:33 PM   #2
Mister Ed

Default Re: Undead Monster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl525 View Post
Hello all Muchkins,

I may possibly be the newest Munchkin player, as I've never actually played. I own the game (the very first one, I believe) and before trying to struggle to play a new game, I prefer to spend days (yes, days) reading the rules, studying the cards so at least I have a clue how to somewhat explain the game before trying to teach it or explain it to any friends I'd be playing with.

With that said, I do have a few questions and trust me, I've flipped through the cards like crazy and can't figure this out....it may be stupid.

What exactly is an undead monster? I'm assuming it means a monster with a human physique, but I'm not certain. It says some monsters are tagged as undead but I just can't seem to figure it out. Any help is appreciated!!!
An Undead monster is any monster that says "Undead" at the top of the card, underneath the card title.
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:34 PM   #3
Brf

Undead are skeletons and zombies and such. Monsters that died and were animated by magic.

There is a list here of the Undead from the older sets: http://forums.sjgames.com/showpost.p...42&postcount=3
Brf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:50 PM   #4
cl525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
An Undead monster is any monster that says "Undead" at the top of the card, underneath the card title.
In learning the game, I flipped through the cards like a mad-man trying to find anything that said undead.

Thank you so much for answering this, although I'm disappointed because I'm not off work for 5 hours, so I have to wait before seeing this with my own eyes. I'm such a geek for details, so I have no idea how I could possibly have missed it.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:52 PM   #5
cl525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brf View Post
Undead are skeletons and zombies and such. Monsters that died and were animated by magic.

There is a list here of the Undead from the older sets: http://forums.sjgames.com/showpost.p...42&postcount=3

Thank you for the list BRF. I printed it off so I can reference to it tonight :)
Old 08-20-2013, 05:30 PM   #6
cl525

I went home on my break and I am AMAZED that I some how missed that on the cards. Like I said, I'm all about details, so I have no idea how I overlooked that one.

Thanks again everybody :)