Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 07-31-2013, 11:59 AM   #1
Tazz

Default Demented Dungeons help!

Hey all out there.

I just munchkin 6 - demented dungeons, and sittng here ready to play it with my gf.

We are having a hard time understanding the rules clearly, so hope some of you guys and girls can help explain it. The rules feel kinda not clear everywhere and we aint really sure about some of the stuff.

We are not native english speakers so we have some troubles with the rules.

We understand that all in the group are in the same dungoen in the start. But afterwards how is it? The rules says: While a dungeon card is in play, it affects all.
But later in the rules it says that you can choose to stay in a dungeon and so on. We are not sure if you allways are in the same dungeon as the other players, or that you are all in diffrent dungoens after the first one.
Futhermore, if my gf wants to be in the same dungoen as i ended up in, how can she join the dungoen im in?

In short words. Can someone explain dungeons rules etc, to someone that how trouble with the officale rules.
Tazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:19 PM   #2
Mister Ed

Default Re: Demented Dungeons help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
Hey all out there.

I just munchkin 6 - demented dungeons, and sittng here ready to play it with my gf.

We are having a hard time understanding the rules clearly, so hope some of you guys and girls can help explain it. The rules feel kinda not clear everywhere and we aint really sure about some of the stuff.

We are not native english speakers so we have some troubles with the rules.

We understand that all in the group are in the same dungoen in the start. But afterwards how is it? The rules says: While a dungeon card is in play, it affects all.
But later in the rules it says that you can choose to stay in a dungeon and so on. We are not sure if you allways are in the same dungeon as the other players, or that you are all in diffrent dungoens after the first one.
Futhermore, if my gf wants to be in the same dungoen as i ended up in, how can she join the dungoen im in?

In short words. Can someone explain dungeons rules etc, to someone that how trouble with the officale rules.
Everyone is always in every dungeon on the table simultaneously, except in the very limited case of one of the Portal cards that has people move from one dungeon to another one at a time, discarding it after the last person leaves.

So if there is one dungeon in play, everybody is in it, and if there are three dungeons in play, everybody is in all three.

Last edited by Mister Ed; 07-31-2013 at 12:22 PM.
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:14 PM   #3
Tazz

Thx alot!.

But what about the part in the rules that says: You may enter a new Dungeon, with or without leaving the old one.

This make is sound like you have some kind of choice?
Old 07-31-2013, 01:54 PM   #4
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
Thx alot!.

But what about the part in the rules that says: You may enter a new Dungeon, with or without leaving the old one.

This make is sound like you have some kind of choice?
In general, "leaving" a dungeon means discarding it. The rules are simply stating that when you "enter" a dungeon (by playing a dungeon card), you may or may not be "leaving" (discarding) another dungeon card. Some of the portals force you to discard old dungeon cards, some just add new ones, some give you a choice.

But you are always in ALL the dungeons that are in play, simultaneously. (With the exception of the effects of the Portal card "Narrow Passage" which has one person at a time leave a dungeon. In that case the old dungeon remains in play as long as at least one person is still in it, even though others have already left.)
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:02 PM   #5
Tazz

Thanks alot ed=D helpt alot! +1 for you=D
Old 07-31-2013, 04:26 PM   #6
Clipper

Don't forget the rule that allows you to enter a new dungeon and optionally discard another one by discarding four cards from your hand during your turn.