Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 10-10-2018, 07:29 PM   #11
sparky00

Default Re: Ogre Minis Construction

Had no problem with Ogres sitting level. Built lots of plastic models in my younger days, so I'm used to cleaning up plastic parts before gluing.

I was actually pretty impressed with the quality & fit of the set one minis. Not quite as precise as the best Tamyia or hasegawa kits, but very good overall. A little cleanup of mold lines & they were ready to glue.

I found the most challenging seam to clean was the horizontal line around the GEV skirt. Had to make sure I didnt miss any little bits in the "valleys".

I don't have the set 2 minis yet, but I'm looking forward to them in Novemeber.

Delighted to be able to finally field armies of minis after all these years.
sparky00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 11:00 PM   #12
McNasty

One of the Fencer tread pieces from my Battle Box looks like it didn't get enough plastic in the mold, it won't sit flush with the base to keep it glued on.
I'm thinking I'll use some putty to fill in the peg to hole attachment...does that sound good, or does anyone have a better method ?
McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 11:38 AM   #13
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
I'm thinking I'll use some putty to fill in the peg to hole attachment...does that sound good, or does anyone have a better method ?
I would start by contacting SJG and see if they can send a replacement. I'd only fix it if that doesn't work out.
Old 12-04-2018, 11:42 AM   #14
Mack_JB

Quote:
One of the Fencer tread pieces from my Battle Box looks like it didn't get enough plastic in the mold, it won't sit flush with the base to keep it glued on.
Maybe first try a gap filling CA glue to bridge the span.
Mack_JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 03:14 PM   #15
McNasty

Thanks for the tips, ya'll !
I contact SJ to see if they can send a replacement and I'll try the gap filling glue if that's not an option !
Old 12-05-2018, 01:54 PM   #16
McNasty

SJG got back to me today and shipped a replacement for free- excellent customer service, and I wanted to let others know that replacement pieces are an option !
It would be really awesome if the new minis were available by unit...I have no use for 12 LGEV or light tanks, but more GEVs and more infantry without buying another box would be awesome.
Old 12-05-2018, 02:25 PM   #17
TheAmishStig

Quote:
SJG got back to me today and shipped a replacement for free- excellent customer service, and I wanted to let others know that replacement pieces are an option !
It would be really awesome if the new minis were available by unit...I have no use for 12 LGEV or light tanks, but more GEVs and more infantry without buying another box would be awesome.
I'd asked about getting some ala carte Fencers back during Minis 2, Phil mentioned that it's a shared plate...they have to print large lots, and can't print just a single sprue, which made it financially untenable to print more than a few sets for ding/dent/missing replacements.
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/
TheAmishStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 06:15 PM   #18
McNasty

That makes total sense, and I guess if you're like me you have a ton of counters to fill in the gaps. Which, btw, I'm really looking forward to Battlegrounds !
Old 12-05-2018, 09:19 PM   #19
TheAmishStig

Quote:
That makes total sense, and I guess if you're like me you have a ton of counters to fill in the gaps. Which, btw, I'm really looking forward to Battlegrounds !
I've got no shortage of minis (as a "Too Many Minis" backer), it's just been an internal debate since KS2 whether I want to magnetize / hot-swap turrets or go to the effort (and expense) of tracking down no less than a dozen figures so my collection can have permanently-mounted Fencer-A / Fencer-B figures.
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/
TheAmishStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 08:01 AM   #20
Tankboy

Quote:
+1 for Steve Jackson's customer service. I bought the giant 4 map pack off the site a while back, and one was pretty scratched up from the manufacturer. I sent a few pics, and they shipped me a new board immediately at no extra charge! Excellent.
Tankboy is offline   Reply With Quote