Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 09-28-2018, 03:23 PM   #21
TheAmishStig

Default Re: Ogre Playmat M3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf90 View Post
Please note . . . if I must, I am willing to consider reviewing scenarios for M3 for publication for Ogrezine. So send 'em in!

D.
Only if we really twist your arm though, right?
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/
TheAmishStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 03:39 PM   #22
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
Please note that the playmat is not in the public domain. This is copyright Steve Jackson Games. The image may be seen by the public, yes, but we retain copyright ownership of the work.
poor wording on my part. Sorry.
Old 09-28-2018, 09:36 PM   #23
wolf90

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAmishStig View Post
Only if we really twist your arm though, right?
<grin>

D.
Proud sponsor of Ogre KS $4.5k Sheet #3 - Bringing the Vatican Guard, a Tiger-striped mercenary unit, and of course pink GEVs, to a game near you! Orders may be placed here.
wolf90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 12:54 PM   #24
Misplaced Buckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jackson View Post
All of which makes me think that it would be interesting to do an operational-level Ogreverse game that highlights the difference between the units that are strongest along the coasts vs. those that have more throw weight for inland control.
Sounds real close to our discussions at Origins. Just something for general comments. What if we took the the hex size down to 50meters. No Stacking. The only thing Defense would stay the same we'd have to refigure the rest of the factors. Not really possible with the ODE but maybe with the minis? Comments?
Misplaced Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 08:28 PM   #25
dwalend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misplaced Buckeye View Post
What if we took the the hex size down to 50meters. No Stacking. The only thing Defense would stay the same we'd have to refigure the rest of the factors. Not really possible with the ODE but maybe with the minis? Comments?
We've kicked around the idea of a game ( Overrun! ) on the forums, floated a few concepts. It sounds interesting, but needs core mechanics.
dwalend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 07:08 AM   #26
Misplaced Buckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalend View Post
We've kicked around the idea of a game ( Overrun! ) on the forums, floated a few concepts. It sounds interesting, but needs core mechanics.
Any chance you might know the thread this was discussed on? I know it might be a long shot. But who knows winter's coming it might give me something to do.
Old 10-03-2018, 08:52 AM   #27
dwalend

Quote:
Any chance you might know the thread this was discussed on? I know it might be a long shot. But who knows winter's coming it might give me something to do.
Looks like you were in on it. See http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread...es#post2183238 for the starting point.

It might be something I talked about in private messages in more detail. Memory fuzzy. Tim Kaufman posted this link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/128248...597895/in/feed
Old 10-03-2018, 02:52 PM   #28
Misplaced Buckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalend View Post
Looks like you were in on it. See http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread...es#post2183238 for the starting point.

It might be something I talked about in private messages in more detail. Memory fuzzy. Tim Kaufman posted this link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/128248...597895/in/feed
Tim's Feed I know about. The 1 hex field would cover a 60" x 60" area approximately. Haven't got that size table....yet. Now that you mention it yeah I was lurking about but the discussion seems to have died on the vine.
Old 10-03-2018, 06:57 PM   #29
dwalend

Quote:
Tim's Feed I know about. The 1 hex field would cover a 60" x 60" area approximately. Haven't got that size table....yet. Now that you mention it yeah I was lurking about but the discussion seems to have died on the vine.
It's waiting for someone to do the easy part of game design (followed by the hard part).

I wouldn't feel too bound by that massive field. 19 hexes (r=3) might be a little tight - or just right. 37 (r=4) or 61 (r=5 ; the same as _Hey That's My Fish_) seem workable.

Or just design the game to fit on one of these new play mats.
Old 10-04-2018, 08:51 PM   #30
Tim Kauffman

Please note, all those hexes inside the 1.5 mile hex were basically the same size as a MARK5. However, they could really be any size you wanted, that's just the size I used and put the image of a MARK5 for size reference.

I just wanted to see what the size of a MARK5 was if it were inside a 1.5 Mile hex from the game.

Here's the thread that discusses the "OVERRUN" and "OGRE ARMS RACE" game ideas:
http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=139884