Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 02-07-2017, 08:08 PM   #1
wolf90

Default Ogre News Mailing List

Obviously the forums are a great means of communicating information about Ogre to people. And certainly we've used the Kickstarter Update feature to spread the word. But we wanted a more reliable way of letting people know what's going on in the Ogre-verse.

Enter our Ogre News Mailing list.

By joining our mailing list, you will receive information about Ogre directly to your inbox as it is posted on the Ogre webpage. As we release new products, update scenarios, announce Organized Play dates, etc., you can be assured of not missing out. Subscribe by going here and clicking on "Join Group".

Welcome to the Ogre-verse!

D.
Proud sponsor of Ogre KS $4.5k Sheet #3 - Bringing the Vatican Guard, a Tiger-striped mercenary unit, and of course pink GEVs, to a game near you! Orders may be placed here.
wolf90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 08:09 AM   #2
cedric18

Default Re: Ogre News Mailing List

Just a quick note regarding yesterday's first post on the new mailing list. Shockwave was published in 1984, not 2000.
cedric18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 08:28 AM   #3
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedric18 View Post
Just a quick note regarding yesterday's first post on the new mailing list. Shockwave was published in 1984, not 2000.
It's actually both, and the version they are selling on W23 is the one from 2000.
Old 02-14-2017, 04:09 PM   #4
ianargent

I was wondering - I am reasonably sure I have a VHS-case version of shockwave, and also sure I was no longer buying nostalgia by Y2K.

OTOH, lo and behold, after looking in the VHS case I'm keeping my nostalgia in, I have a Shockwave pamphlet with a (C) date of 1984, 2000. How about that.
Other contents of that VHS case full of nostalgia (or next to it in the case of the one rulebook that won't fit): a "oversize Ogre/GEV rulebook (printed back to back - Ogre side says 4th ed, GEV side says 3rd ed - maybe from a Deluxe Ogre set?), the aforementioned Shockwave rules, a metric @#$%ton of uncut counter sheets, an imperial @#$%ton of counters cut out and bagged (all the counters are of the same vintage and must be relatively new, they include white on black and black on white units AND red on white and white on red Ogres, two copies of the folded map with both the Ogre and GEV maps on it (printed next to one another), 3 (!) copies of the Shockwave map, and a single copy of the GEV map by itself. Plus the KS version of Pocket Ogre. I'm reasonably sure there's more obsolescent Ogre stuff in the basement (including a set of the boxed "board game" with the oversized Ogre map and the stand-up counters - alas that map is not big enought o be used with the ODE counters)
ianargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 04:54 PM   #5
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianargent View Post
I was wondering - I am reasonably sure I have a VHS-case version of shockwave, and also sure I was no longer buying nostalgia by Y2K.

OTOH, lo and behold, after looking in the VHS case I'm keeping my nostalgia in, I have a Shockwave pamphlet with a (C) date of 1984, 2000. How about that.
Other contents of that VHS case full of nostalgia (or next to it in the case of the one rulebook that won't fit): a "oversize Ogre/GEV rulebook (printed back to back - Ogre side says 4th ed, GEV side says 3rd ed - maybe from a Deluxe Ogre set?), the aforementioned Shockwave rules, a metric @#$%ton of uncut counter sheets, an imperial @#$%ton of counters cut out and bagged (all the counters are of the same vintage and must be relatively new, they include white on black and black on white units AND red on white and white on red Ogres, two copies of the folded map with both the Ogre and GEV maps on it (printed next to one another), 3 (!) copies of the Shockwave map, and a single copy of the GEV map by itself. Plus the KS version of Pocket Ogre. I'm reasonably sure there's more obsolescent Ogre stuff in the basement (including a set of the boxed "board game" with the oversized Ogre map and the stand-up counters - alas that map is not big enought o be used with the ODE counters)
Ok, here's the rundown.

Quote:
I have a Shockwave pamphlet with a (C) date of 1984, 2000.
Shockwave was a baggie supplement (both in 1984 and 2000). You have the 2000 version

Quote:
a "oversize Ogre/GEV rulebook (printed back to back - Ogre side says 4th ed, GEV side says 3rd ed - maybe from a Deluxe Ogre set?)
This is from the 1990 Ogre/G.E.V. set (and so is the Ogre and G.E.V. maps that are printed on the same sheet).

It's also possible that you have the 2000 version of Ogre/G.E.V., but missing the rulebook. That version came in a VHS box (and probably where the second Ogre/G.E.V. combo map sheet came from).

The various counters (white/black with red) are 2000-era sheets. The fact you have three SW maps suggests you have multiple sheets as well.

It's also likely you have a copy of the Reinforcement Pack, which might account for the extra G.E.V. and Shockwave maps, plus more shockwave-esque counter sheets.

We could further itemize, but that covers the basics.

Last edited by GranitePenguin; 02-14-2017 at 05:01 PM.
GranitePenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 08:53 PM   #6
wolf90

This summary might be helpful.

D.

(It already needs updating again!)
Proud sponsor of Ogre KS $4.5k Sheet #3 - Bringing the Vatican Guard, a Tiger-striped mercenary unit, and of course pink GEVs, to a game near you! Orders may be placed here.
wolf90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 12:19 AM   #7
ianargent

I have 2 or 3 VHS boxes that I purchased with SJG content inside; this one happens to be the one I consolidated a bunch of random Ogre stuff into. I am more likely to have bought a Reinforcements set than multiple Shockwave sets.

Thanks for the reference, Drew, that helped a lot.

The Ogre/GEV rulebook and map are almost certainly from the 1995-era O/G set, but could also be the 2000-era one (as might be some of the counters, it's hard to say at this point - if not the counters are down in the basement along with whatever else I decided I didn't need when I loaded this box up; probably in the same banker's box as my random CW stuff). Obviously, while I have a Deluxe Ogre set, I misapplied the name out of bad memory.
ianargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 04:20 PM   #8
schoon

Cool!

Thanks for setting that up.
schoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 04:32 PM   #9
Belle Sorciere

I have a copy of the box with the 4th edition Ogre, 3rd edition GEV rules, plus Shockwave, Battlefields, and two copies of Reinforcements.

I also have a receipt from 2001 in the box, but only for one of the reinforcements supplements.

I misplaced it into storage ages ago, and a few years back got it out and cut up most of the counters. Finished cutting them up right before I bought Ogre 6e.
Belle Sorciere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 10:15 AM   #10
Misplaced Buckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Sorciere View Post
I have a copy of the box with the 4th edition Ogre, 3rd edition GEV rules, plus Shockwave, Battlefields, and two copies of Reinforcements.

I also have a receipt from 2001 in the box, but only for one of the reinforcements supplements.

I misplaced it into storage ages ago, and a few years back got it out and cut up most of the counters. Finished cutting them up right before I bought Ogre 6e.
Nothing wrong there. I find the pocket edition great for PBEM and online gaming. Takes up less space
Misplaced Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote