Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 04-18-2014, 04:48 AM   #41
AstralWanderer

Default Re: Strategic & Tactical Objectives Counter Sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigGeordieGeek View Post
...the thing is prices don't translate well sometimes between currencies and what might sound ridiculous in the states, over here seems great!
Sorry, but that doesn't apply here. As noted above the price for Ogre itself and the other sponsored sheets are perfectly fair with the same shipping/VAT surcharges. S&TO on the other hand weighs in at four times the average sponsored counter price (and the other sponsors paid a lot to support the game too)

Let me put this another way - suppose just 40% of the 3,000 S&TO sheets sold at £10/$16. That's £12,000/$17,200 which puts the $4,500 pledge rather in the shade.

In practice, a high price also reduces sales volume so it may be that the current price of S&TO results in lower income compared to other sheets.
AstralWanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 07:32 AM   #42
dwalend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigGeordieGeek View Post
£10 for a game add-on of that nature is very reasonable here in the UK, the thing is prices don't translate well sometimes between currencies and what might sound ridiculous in the states, over here seems great!
It doesn't just seem great. Pounds were at a typical low vs dollars about a year ago and is close to its typical high now.

[https://www.google.com/search?q=poun...m=91&ie=UTF-8]
dwalend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:44 AM   #43
Knockman

It's understandable there will be comments about the value. I told my colleagues that even if we were selling these at half the current price we would still have complaints and questions.

And I could get into a really long detailed explanation on the additional costs we've had to take onboard to be able to then put up the sponsor money to participate, to ship these items into the UK with import VAT and customs declaration and clearance costs just so we can then provide these sheets to others, but in all honesty I know none of that will be read by those who would still want to criticise what we're doing.

In short, this is the RRP (Recommended Retail Price) Wayland have to proceed with and we're getting less than that for our return. Again, I don't have to tell anyone not involved in Tiffin Games Limited anything about that - but what I will tell you is that the plan all along from May 2012 is that the funds we earn from this KS project will be fed forward into the eventual Car Wars KS project and some other gaming product lines and ideas too. We are most certainly not giving up our days jobs (yes, we do have those and I can state that this does add quite a few additional working hours to our usual working weeks) as this is not some high-capital investment fund some seem to think it is.

So that's how it stands. If you're interested in the S&TO sheet, great stuff and many thanks, if you're not then no problems - perhaps you might like what we have planned for the future in other games elsewhere.

My continued appreciation to all out there who've helped us over the last two years to get to this point, old friends and new, and there's more information to come out in the days and weeks ahead.

E-mail Contact: tiffingames@gmail.com

BGG Link: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamee...ponsored-count

Update: 8th June 2018 - officially formatted S&TO Rules Version 3 now available on this website.
Knockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:33 AM   #44
Buzzardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvesgaze View Post
Preorder sheets first to market in UK or wait for US based orders to reopen.
I already have an order in with Drew, so I'll wait until I can modify that order to include the STO sheet and (just as important to me) scenarios. I just keep reminding myself to be patient, because all the sheet sponsors have day jobs.

Want a random dungeon? How about some tables for that? How about a random encounter?
Buzzardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:40 AM   #45
AstralWanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockman View Post
...I told my colleagues that even if we were selling these at half the current price we would still have complaints and questions.
I can only speak for myself, but I would not be publicly complaining if these sheets were half the current price. I wouldn't consider them great value mind, and I would likely purchase fewer than planned (before prices were mentioned, I was considering 4 copies, 2 to use and 2 as spare) but they wouldn't be so far out of line as to merit comment.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, but I don't plan to participate further unless pricing changes.
AstralWanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 12:48 AM   #46
mtngrown

Thank you for sponsoring these Ogre counter sheets.

Given the risk, and the hassle, I found the price fair, so I ordered several.
mtngrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:01 PM   #47
Qthulhu

Two bundle orders bagged and tagged, I'm happy enough considering the money I'll be saving compared to US shipping and ancillary costs.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:25 PM   #48
Knockman

Hi guys, just a very quick update and a note of thanks for all the pre-orders. Wayland Games should be shipping these out this week.

And the Basic Info Document for the counters of the S&TO sheet will be available for free download from Waylands website soon we hope. More news and updates here on this thread from us in due course.

Update: 8th June 2018 - officially formatted S&TO Rules Version 3 now available on this website.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:33 PM   #49
Knockman

And transplanted from Drew's BatG thread, my response to Michael/BGG's question about the free PDF downloads....

------

Michael (BGG) - the Basic Info Doc will be the first free PDF to go up, providing some details about the counter sheets, with info on the building types, terrain effects and suggestions for the SPs, plus some additional detail on the GEV-MPC and the dinky hover truck.

Then there will be another three free PDFs go up for download, one at a time, that will have a Mini-Campaign Story to link several battle scenarios together involving the counters. At the end of all that, several months from now, we will look at collating all of those four downloads together to see whether we can print a Compilation Book here in the UK.

It's real early days yet, and is one of many subjects for our business Skype call tomorrow evening amongst all the Tiffin Games crew, but again, I'll look at posting up news on that and other decisions and developments on the S&TO thread.
-------------------

Old 05-06-2014, 08:32 PM   #50
TheBigGeordieGeek

Awesome, though now SJG need to update the sponsored sheet page with your order info in it.

The sheets are absolutely brilliant and I am really looking forward to the scenarios.